Chapter 12.

Chapter 12.

*****

"You're only getting them all in because you have a two-arm advantage." Maximilian shot me a glare before he tried to toss the wrapper across the room and it hit the side of the trashcan, landing in a heap of wrappers I was going to have to clean up when we were finished doing this.

"We're only using one arm, Max." I gave him a flat look and kept his gaze as I tossed the wrapper in my hand across the room. His eyes widened as he turned away from me to watch it.

"No way!" He yelled. I laughed looking over to see that the bright yellow wrapper had landed in the trashcan without me having to look that way. "How do you do that?"

"You only need to throw it in once or twice and take note of the distance and your movement before you can do it without looking." I replied as I took another sweet to unwrap it.

He had fallen asleep, I don't know for how long because I had soon dozed off as well and when I woke up after four hours, he was already up watching TV. I asked him why he did not wake me up and he told me it was because I should not be traveling while drowsy anyway. I got a bunch of snacks and sweets from the vending machine and that's where we were now: eating and trying to toss wrappers into the trash can. Maximilian took the wrapper from me as I popped the sweet into my mouth and tried to toss it, he missed again and I hid my laugh as he let out a frustrated cry.

"Good thing you chose soccer." I said.

"I can play basketball, these are not heavy enough to make it to the can." He frowned. I laughed as I tapped my phone. It was around 08:00 AM. I knew Edgar would arrive in less than an hour, so if I left Maximilian would not be alone for too long.

"I think I'm gonna go home now."

"Already?" He asked, "Aren't you sleepover at the palace?" He added.

"Yeah, I just need to check on some stuff." I said.

"Thanks for staying with me, Ari." He smiled.

"Don't move your arm." I said as I got up.

"Like I need to be told that. I'm not exactly looking for a reason to feel more excruciating pain, Aria." He rolled his eyes. I laughed. "Text me when you get home?" He asked. I tilted my head at him. Was he concerned about me? He did not need to be, he needed to be worried about himself.

"I'm taking a taxi, not running through a mine field." I said. He chuckled. "See you later."

I left the hospital and took a taxi home to check on basically nothing because I knew I had locked up, but the visit proved important because I needed to clean up as well as get a few weapons and my car. I was not planning to use the weapons, I just wanted them near in case it boiled down to that. It was better to be prepared. I basically put a few guns into a duffle bag, hidden in compartments around the clothing I also put in there and was headed out of my apartment when my phone rang. I glanced at the screen before I answered as I kicked the door shut again.

"Hey." I smiled.

"So? Did you talk to him? Do I need to talk to him?" Liliana sounded pretty annoyed in my ear and I smiled.

"Yes I did and no, it's okay." I said.

"It's okay? What did he say?" She asked.

"It was just a meeting." I raised my brows when she sorted.

"A meeting? Meetings don't look like that, he kissed her." She said.

"He didn't. Well, we can't say if he did and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. You know from the angle it's impossible to tell whether they were just talking or not." I said. "I trust him." I added.