6

Millie

By the time I got home, I was exhausted, drained by the sudden amount of socialising and confrontation of all the problems in my life.

It was only Wednesday.

I hoovered the house and then got out a frozen bolognese from the freezer, putting it in the microwave to defrost it. I also put the pasta on, but dad wasn't back yet so I had to put his portion under tin foil.

I sat alone at the table eating, and texted him to see if he was coming. When it buzzed, I eagerly looked, but it turned out to be Luke. It was exciting, but I was worried about dad too.

Luke
Have you eaten?

Millie
Yes... hello to you too

Luke
Prove it

So I sent him a photo of my with a forkful of food, which got me a reply of him laid on his bed with a sandwich. He had a grey hoodie on, the hood up, and he looked so snuggly. I wouldn't have minded another side hug.

Luke
Looks nice. How was the rest of today?

Millie
Fine

Luke
That's all I'm getting? I see

Millie
Idk what you expect from me hemmings, I ain't special

Luke
awhhh sure you are. How's your dad?

Millie
My dad's not home yet : (

Luke
Want company?

Millie
I'll be good

If dad came home to a boy in the house he might faint. Plus, I wasn't allowed to bring a friend home without planning- though, dad was more chill. And I really did want company.

But I didn't know him.

But I wanted to spend time with him.

But-

"Sorry I'm late!"

And I was almost disappointed that I had told Luke not to come round.

"I was worried,"

"You could've had a friend round," he said, kissing my head, "thankyou for cooking,"

"Can... can I still have one round?"

"Why not?" he smiled, "I've got to take another call, but I promise I'll see you later. Was school okay?"

"Yeah," I mumbled, "We'll speak later,"

Millie
Dad got home, but has a call... I guess I wouldn't mind the company

I told him my address then ran up to my room and screamed into my pillow. Feelings were confusing.

And not long later, he was knocking at the door.

"Hi," I said quietly, letting him in.

"Hey," he smiled, "wow your house smells good,"