Sam!

He's beautiful isn't he?

Sam POV

"Can I get some food in here?" You would think I would think after being held captive for so long that one of the strongest packs in the world would show some hospitality to a wolf in need. Especially being the mother pack to your own.

"Good, you're awake." Some guy asked with black hair and blue eyes.

"I'm hungry and need to regain my strength. I have to find a friend. He lives out here in Oregon." I hated hospitals. Too many bad experiences.

"We can't exactly give you solid foods as of right now with the extent of your injuries." Are you kidding me right now? I was starved for months and still won't be able to eat?

"And I'm supposed to sit here and starve?" He looked hesitant to speak.

"We have ordered you to be on a strict liquid diet so you won't be eating steak and potatoes anytime soon." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Great, I want it all." I looked at him seriously. He turned on his heel and walked out. Wherever you are Skylar, I hope you're ok and safe.

Not long after the man who's name I found out was Jaylen, according to his badge left, I heard a lot of commotion in the halls and people running back and forth in the halls. I'm not one to pry but there was the most intoxicating smell but I must have been hungrier than I thought.

"Here's your soup, jello, and water." Jaylen came in practically, speed walking to give me my tray and leave.

I wonder if anyone here in town knows Skylar so I ring the nurse's bell on the remote thingy. Luckily someone with blonde hair and blue eyes walks in. "Yes, what can I help you with?"

"Do you know someone named Skylar? Brown hair, blue eyes and about 5'8 give or take an inch or two." He looked worried, pissed and scared all in one and pressed a red button. Red buttons are never good.

"What's with the intruder alert?" A different guy came in, I smell Alpha power emitting from him. The blonde-haired boy bowed and walked over to him and they started talking. Why do I feel this won't end well for me. I hope Keriana hasn't gotten to them yet.

"Why are you here looking for Skylar?" He glares at me but I can sense he knows something. I'll have to find out soon.

"Take him to the cells with him in the bed. He won't give much trouble in this state. Also, have Jaylen check on him in there." And with that, he left and I was wheeled to the cells restrained to the bed.

"I'm really sorry about this." Blondie boy says looking sad and a bit worried? He leaves me closing and locking the cell door.

Jake POV

I walked back into the room Skylar was in to see him awake and looking at his hands.

"Are you alright kiddo?" I asked sitting in the chair next to his bed. He looks over at me and slightly nods.

"Yea, just not sure if what I saw when I opened the door was really Sam or not. Have you heard anything about him being here with some guy?" He asked and I could see he is really worried about Sam, plus all the other things that have been going on are weighing on him.

"Yes, he's here. He was brought in and is being treated. He's in the cells in a bed and..."

"You have him in the cells?! What is wrong with you?! You told me he would be taken care of, that you would tell him you know me! Why would you do that?!" He yelled, his face redder than a tomato and his eyes turning an even brighter blue, almost as clear as water.

"I did it so I can talk to him alone. To others, he is a lone wolf looking for you. I couldn't just let him be free when they don't know him, they don't know his intentions about you or why he is here. I promise you, Skylar, once I speak to him, he will be let out but I have to do this." I explained but he still looked pissed off.

"I'm going with you to see him, don't even think about stopping me because I will tear this place apart to find him." He warned and I nodded and helped him out of the bed and we made our way to the cells.

Sam POV

Being alone from everyone wasn't so bad, I used my claws to draw on the cell wall waiting for my time to ask that Alpha what the hell was going on. I bet he knows Skylar and something bad has happened to him. If he died so would I.

I heard the door to the main door open and was hit with a whirlwind of scents and memories. I'd know that smell anywhere. It's my Skylar.

"Sam? Is that really you?" I look at the man I have longed to see and feel in my arms again, the one I fought to find. I couldn't hold back the tears and my throat felt dry so I just nodded.

"I missed you so much." He lunged at me as the Alpha opened the door and I groaned. Fuck that hurt but it felt nice to feel him again, even if I can't touch him. I was soon released from my restraints and I did my best to hug my lost mate, my nose buried in the crook of his neck, taking in his sweet scent that I have missed so much.

"I'll give you two a moment to catch up... be careful, I'll be watching," He left and walked away.

"How I've missed you Sky." I smiled for the first time in a long time.

"I've missed you so much, Sammy." He played with my hair as we just stared at each other.

"What happened to you? Where have you been? Why was my uncle with you?" He shot question after question at me.

"After you left I left to find myself after everything, I didn't want to be sad and depressed anymore after everything so I went to the only place I thought I'd be safe. I was in Canada when I was ambushed by hunters and held captive for several months... that is until they couldn't find the answers they were looking for. I was disposed of, left to die. They were looking for you Sky, I didn't know where you were but I knew you were alive." I smiled a bit but I knew they'd follow my scent.

"That doesn't explain how my uncle found you." Sassy bugger, isn't he?

"I was on my last leg on the brink of death when your uncle was walking by on his way here I'm assuming. He as well as our pack has a motto of no wolf left behind or forgotten, we have lone wolves, rogues, hybrids, tribrids you name it. We're known as the pack of rejects, Cruel, I know." He pouted but nodded as he cried on my shoulder. Life couldn't get any better than this and I hope it could stay like this forever... if we're lucky.