Fighting for my family

Skylar POV (3 Months Later)

Three months, two weeks, twelve hours, thirty mins and forty-two seconds, that's how long I've been gone. I missed three months of life with my mates, family, and kids. It feels so weird being back. So much has changed. Eric has broken out of his shell a lot more than he has in the longest time, Connor is more confident in himself and the perfect combination of Colson and Jake, Sam... well he's just Sam. However, my birth father made him head warrior in charge of the assassination unit of my birth pack. Speaking of the pack, my father and Jake formed an alliance in my absence. Seeing how so much has changed had made me think about everything that happened before I gave myself up for my family... my babies.

Flashback

I'm going to rip them limb from limb! I knew she'd be coming for me, but to use my kids as leverage... I'm going to kill her, even if  I have to break moon law. We spent the whole night looking for them but not even the goddesses were able to track them using their combined magic.

We got so lost in our search that we didn't realize their kidnapping was a decoy to distract us from the pack being attacked. We were ambushed and outnumbered, these wolves and hunters were experimented on, some had the ability to duplicate or clone themselves making things so much more complicated. For a split second, we thought we had the upper hand, that is until everyone collapsed and I was the only one left standing, that's when I saw her in the distance with a man in black ops looking gear holding my babies and they take off into the woods, yes, I knew it was a trap or baiting me to follow but could I, risk what happened to my mate and his family to happen to my babies, I was going to break that cycle if it killed me.

I had just caught up to them when they disappeared, most likely teleporting out and out of the trees, more rogues surrounded me in all directions. I stood my ground showing no fear if I died here and now I at least knew my mates would do all they could to find our pups.

"Are you ready to die pup?" One of the rogues taunted

"The only one dying will be all of you!" I was seething so it began to storm with roaring thunder. 

They are all cowardly but still put up a front showing they'd carry out their mission. "Kill him!"

I looked at the trees from left to right, vines coming alive and grabbing most of the rogues by their leg or throat strangling or pulling them appear in the most satisfying way. I was getting angrier by the second and the storm grew, lightning striking down at least ten or so rogues frying them into wolf barbeque. I was becoming exhausted by this point as I've been at it for six hours or so and then everything went black.

I woke up in a cold sweat and my arms were aching. I blinked a few times as my eyes adjusted and realized I was in a cellar or basement of some kind as I can see a single window you'd find in a suburban neighborhood basement. I looked around more but the pain was becoming unbearable, I don't know how long I've been suspended like this but I had to get free.

I tried to pull at the cuffs but they were unbreakable, I tried spells and brute strength but they wouldn't budge.

"You're not getting free that easy." I looked into the darkness and out walked the man that helped kidnap my pups. I tried to shift but something was stopping me then that's when it hit me, enchanted cuffs. I cursed out and groaned to myself. 

"Let me go and I'll let you live." I threatened to try to sound menacing but he laughed. 

"You're wasting your time. You can't do shit, mutt." He said walking out of the room and I can instantly smell iron and decaying flesh... don't ask how I know all that, Jaylen loves talking about his work and what he's seen. 

Moments later the man came in wearing a disposable surgical gown, gloves and mask with a splash shield and I began to struggle not wanting to know what was in store as he wheeled in some intimidating tools.