Living on my own

Here is it! The start of Can You Save Me? I hope you enjoy this book and love the characters and story line as it goes along!

When Skylar arrives in town, part of this happens literary right after Connor gets dropped off at school after he got bailed out of jail and his uncle made him go to school or he would have already met Skylar.

Skylar POV pic of him up top

I sigh as I finish packing up the last of my belongings. I am moving everything on my own since I am a senior in high school and my parents yet again told me were moving, another town in another state. I don't like it, I don't see them, only talk on the phone and that isn't often. I know they work to provide for me but I would like them to be home once in a while.

I pay and tip the movers and they get into the moving truck and head to Oregon, I'm driving my car all the way there from Tennessee so it's going to be a drive.

I don't mind it, I enjoy the scenery and the peace but it gets boring so I make sure I have plenty of music on my phone, snacks in the passenger seat and since I am driving so long, I change into a pair of sweats and a tank top, gotta be comfy.

1 day and 11 hours later  (takes that long to get to Portland from Nashville TN and the town the pack is in is close to Portland so that's the best I can do for time)

As I'm driving through this small and beautiful town, I happen to see a huge wolf in the woods and funny thing is, I'm listening to "Wolves" by Selena Gomez and I slow down and pull over and I get out of my car and slowly walk over to him. He is huge with soft looking gray fur and bright yellow eyes.

"Hey buddy, wow you are beautiful, I'm Skylar, I'm new in town. Just got here actually and so far I am liking it because I met you, you don't seem like a mean wolf. I mean if you were I'm sure I'd be mulled to death by now." I said chuckling slightly and he snorted and I smiled at him.

"Thanks buddy. I gotta go and settle in. See ya around." I got up and waved at him and went back to my car, got in and found my way to a grocery store to buy some food and drinks.

As I'm looking at the drink section I see a set of twins, adorable twins walking around with a bunch of stuff and laughing. I smiled at the sound and site and went back to picking up some juice and a case of Dr. Pepper and tea bags, a bag of sugar and went to look for simple food for now. I make my way to the check out when the twins I noticed earlier bumped into me and made me drop the basket I had in my hand. They quickly picked up my things and set them on the belt.

"We're sorry, we weren't paying attention. Hey your new here aren't you, haven't seen you around here. I'm Aiden and this is Ethan. Welcome!" The one twin said.

"Hi yes I'm new here, I'm Skylar. It's nice meeting you both." I said smiling and offered my hand and we all shook hands and I paid for my stuff.

"Hey Skylar, here is our numbers, call or text if you want to hang out. We can show you the town!" Aiden said and I nodded.

"Thanks that would be great. I gotta get to the house and let my dog out, he's been home alone for the past few hours since the movers got to the house and I don't want him alone much longer. Have a good day guys and I'll get ahold of you soon." I said and grabbed my bags and went to my car, put the stuff in and got in and drove to the house.

I come upon a huge three story house, why they choose such a big house for just me basically I have no idea. I see my dog Rosco in the window wagging his tail and barking so I go open the door and go inside, I don't look around yet, just find the back sliding glass doors in the kitchen that lead to a huge fenced in back yard. I open them and Rosco shoots out and runs around, looking for a spot. As he does his business I go back out to my car and grab the stuff and make a few trips as I had some of my stuff in my car and once I was done, Rosco was waiting by the kitchen island wagging his tail and whining. I found his food and water dishes and fed him and filled his water up.

Rosco is a German shepherd and he's four years old. I found him one evening walking around the new town I moved to four years ago and he was so skinny and he was so weak so I picked him up and took him to the vet. They treated him and he spent a week there. I went to see him everyday after school and I paid for his care and took him home. He's been my best friend ever since.

After he was fed I unpacked the groceries and put them away and I put a pizza in the oven after it was pre heated and went to my room to unpack my clothes for now so I can shower.

After I'm done I put on my briefs and go check on the pizza and I take it out and cut it and sit down and eat my dinner. As I eat I look around the kitchen and it's a normal one with all up to date appliances and the floor is a marbel tile and creme color walls.

The dining room matches and from what I can see of the living room, it does to. I'm going to guess and say the whole house has a matching theme. I noticed my room though had blue walls and a badge fluffy soft carpet and my bathroom was blue with white tile flooring. The shower is huge and has a rain shower head and a separate bathtub and a huge sink and vanity.

After I'm done eating I go to the basement and noticed that it is actually a game room. It has every game system and a pool table, a juke box with today's music and a bar with a fridge and gaming chairs with an L shaped couch and bean bag chairs. This has to be my dad's doing. I dial his number and it rings once before he picks up.

"Hey Sky, how's the house? Do you like your suprise?" He asked excitedly.

"Hey dad. Yea I just found it. I can't believe you did this, thank you! When you come home we'll have to play some, when are you coming home? I miss you." I said and sat down on the couch and turned on the seventy inch flat screen TV.

"Soon actually, I will also be there for a while and I need to talk to you about something important alright. I'll be there in a few days. I love you son. Enjoy the game room, enjoy your weekend and I'll call you Monday morning before you leave for school. Good night son, I'm tired so going to bed. I love you." He said and sighed softly.

"I love you too dad and ok, I can't wait to see you. Good night." We hung up and I turned on the Nintendo Switch and put Mario Cart in it and set up an account and after I played for a bit, Rosco by my side sleeping the whole time, he followed me down here when I was on the phone with dad.

After a few hours of playing different games I let Rosco out one last time and we went to my room and he jumped on my bed and laid down at the foot of my bed and I joined him and we passed out.