Chapter 25

[ (y/n)'s POV ]

After some time, we all decided to go to bed. Although, me and Hange stayed up for a bit longer to drink some alcohol when Levi came bursting in Hange's lab, shouting at us hysterically as always.

Walking down the dark hallways, as I was making my way to my room I decided to go the roof. I needed some fresh air anyways.

It's kinda chilly today, I should've worn my cloak.

I sighed, looking down at my trembling hands.

The Colossal Titan was terrifying. The way he looked at me.. I don't stand a chance..

My eyes felt heavy and tears started running down my cheeks.

"I'm so scared.." I whispered, bringing my knees closer to my chest before hugging myself.

"You're scared?"

Startled, I looked at the person behind me, my eyes landing on his.

"Levi.."

I quickly stood up and hugged him tightly. The crook of his neck got soaked with my tears as he stroked my hair, bringing me even closer to him. He let go for a moment, taking off his cloak and wrapping it around my shoulders securely.

"Wear it. It's cold." he said, putting some loose hair behind my ear. "I'm sorry about the other day."

"It's okay. I got angry at you for no reason."

He cupped my cheeks.

"Why are you crying?"

I rested both of my hands on top of his.

"I'm scared.." I whispered back.

"About what? Reiner and Bertholdt?"

"You're saying it like it's not a big deal." I silently chuckled. "We don't know when they are going to attack. Maybe we won't be ready until then! Maybe-"

"Maybe you're worrying too much." he said as he wiped my cheeks with his thumbs.

"What are we going to do Levi? We need a plan and we haven't come up with one yet!"

He just looked at me for some seconds before embracing me again, not really knowing himself.

"I'm sure Erwin will come up with something." he murmured, turning his gaze towards the dark sky.

"If I d-"

"Don't say it. I don't want to hear it."

He tightened the embrace.

"We should get inside." I silently spoke.

And with that, we got to his office.

"You should rest. You can sleep here if you want."

"Alright."

"You can go to bed first, I have some paperwork to do."

Before he took another step, I wrapped my hand around his wrist and stopped him.

"What is it?" he asked.

I suddenly blushed. His figure under the moonlight was something else.

My lips met his, making his eyes widen in surprise before he melted into the kiss as well. It was passionate and it lasted for what felt like forever. Our lips parted and we found ourselves lost in eachother's eyes. His hands roamed my body, running over my sides and down my spine as if trying to find ways to come closer to me.

"God I.. missed this." I whispered in between small breaths as he smirked and playfully bit the skin under my jaw, my hands lazily gripping his raven hair.

It felt too good. I lowered my head instinctively, but his hand trailed on my back, grabbing my hair and pulling them downwards roughly, making my neck fully visible again.

Our kiss felt different this time. It was more hot-blooded. We were both hungry for more. The moonlight streamed through the window and lit my face, his eyes softening after meeting with mine.

"You are so beautiful." he whispered in my ear. "Just looking at you..."

"Then don't hold back."