Chapter 13

[ Levi's POV ]

*yawn*

What time is it.. By the looks of it, it is still pretty early.

(y/n) was nuzzling on my chest and I could hear faint breathing escaping her soft lips. I started playing with her hair, but not long after, she woke up as well.

"Goodmorning." she whispered.

"Morning." I pinched her cheek.

"Did you sleep well?"

"How could I? You kept me up all night." I smirked.

"I should be saying that." she teased while slowly moving to the side of the bed.

"Where are you going?"

"To the bathroom." she replied, wearing my shirt over her body.

I stayed tucked in bed. We had today off anyways. Some minutes later, she got out of the bathroom and stretched.

"We have today off right?" she yawned.

"That's right."

As she was stretching, my eyes landed on her bare legs and then on her hips.

Wait.

"Come here.."

"What is it?"

I got out of bed and started walking towards her, only to see faint bruises on her hips.

"Did I.. did I do this?" I asked, my fingers softly touching them. "Did I hurt you?"

"It's fine really!" she chuckled, caressing my cheeks. "I enjoyed it anyways."

I helped her button up the shirt.

"It looks good on you."

We teased eachother for a while longer until someone knocked on the door.

Goddammit.

"What?!"

"Captain Levi, Commander Erwin wanted me to inform you that he wants to talk to you and Captain (y/n) as soon as possible."

"Yeah, yeah.."

"We better get ready then." (y/n) whispered, giving me a quick peck on the cheek.

[ Time Skip ]

"Goodmorning Erwin."

"Goodmorning (y/n), Levi. Take a seat."

We sat next to each other.

"So (y/n), I wanted to talk to you about your squad. Since you are now a squad of three, I thought that maybe it would be the time to consider-"

"Erwin.."

(y/n) had a saddened expression on her face.

"I thought about it, to be honest. And I've decided that I want my squad to remain as it is."

"Just three members?" I asked.

"My squad members are strong. Eitherway.. I can't replace my old ones. Right now, at least."

"I respect your wish, however, we will talk about this matter further some other day. Now if you don't mind, I would like to have a word with Levi privately."

Privately?

"Yes, of course! I'll talk to you guys later." she smiled, closing the door on her way out.

"So what is it?"

"I want to talk to you about your relationship with our little (y/n)."

Great.

"Now, it wouldn't be fair for me to tell you to end your relationship, and I get that you two care about eachother more than you do about others, but I'm afraid that your relationship is getting in the way of your work and I'm not fond of that."

"You're wrong. Work is getting in the way of our relationship. That was the reason why we broke up in the first place."

"Most importantly, I've known (y/n) for years and, as you already know, she would do anything to protect her important ones, especially when it comes to you. Even if it means-"

"Erwin, I'm going to protect (y/n)."

My serious expression got soon replaced by an annoyed one when Erwin started to chuckle in that deep voice of his.

"By the looks of it, she is the one protecting you."

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

"You are my best soldiers. And friends. I can't afford to lose you."

"I understand."

"You may go."

I nodded and left his office, leaning my back on the wooden door as soon as I stepped out.

He is right..

[ (y/n)'s POV ]

I decided to pay Hange a little visit. I needed to have my wounds checked anyways.

"Oh, (y/n)! I'm so happy to see you! How um.. how are you?" she asked, nervously playing with her hands.

"I've had better days."

"How are your wounds? Want me to check?"

"I was hoping you would." I smiled softly.

She carefully removed my bandages, revealing my slightly fresh wounds.

"I remember you having some on your knees as well as your lower stomach. Don't tell me you're embarrassed."

She is right. We are best friends after all. I have nothing to hide except..

"Where did these bruises come from (y/n)?"

Shit.

"Well, maybe from yesterday."

"Why would you have bruises on your- wait. You were with Levi last night if I remember correctly. Did something happen with you two?"

We stared at eachother for a while until she finally got the message.

"OH MY GOD!"

"Stop screaming!"

"You got back together?"

"I mean, I guess."

"What's all this noise you shitty glasses."

Levi came in without even bothering to knock, watching both me and Hange wide-eyed before covering his eyes with his palm.

"Why are you naked?" he asked irritated while covering me with a sheet that was previously hanging behind the door.

"I'm not naked! I'm wearing underwear." I murmured, looking away in slight embarrassment.

"Care to explain?" Hange smirked.

"That's none of your damn business!" he spat out, his voice raising with each word.

Is he blushing?

"Ha! I knew it!!" she exclaimed.

"Hange! Levi get out already!"

"No, I don't trust that psycho with you especially when she is in her own lab. I'm going to treat your wounds."

Why didn't I do it myself?

"Fine by me. I'm leaving! The keys are on my desk." she winked.

Oh God.