Chapter 4

[(y/n) 's POV]

"You're what?"

Oh my God I said it..

"You heard me."

I actually said it.

Levi just stood there, eyes widened at mine. I wanted to drown myself from all the silence.

"I know that you have work and stuff but you have pushed me away...it's like you don't care about me anymore."

"(y/n) don't be ridiculou-"

"You've never even said that you love me. Not once. Do you not feel the same?"

I just wanted to cry but I didn't want to seem weak in front of him.

"Captain (y/n), Commander Erwin wants you and Captain Levi in the meeting room immediately."

"Yeah, we're coming."

I turned to look at Levi whose eyes met mine right away.

"If that's what you want then fine."

And then it all ended. He walked outside our room, leaving me alone, like he always has. Tears escaped my eyes but I quickly wiped them away with the back of my hand. I took some minutes to relax and then I headed to the meeting room where everyone else was.

[Levi's POV]

I can't believe what just happened.

I sat on my chair and waited for the meeting to start. After some minutes, (y/n) entered the room as well.

"Ah (y/n), you're here. Now then, lets talk about the final plans of the expedition."

I already knew the plan so I didn't really pay attention to Erwin. I turned to look at (y/n) whose eyes were avoiding mine.

I don't get it. I'm used to getting hurt. Why does this feel...different?

"I will be leading in the front. Captain (y/n), you will be in charge of the squad on the left whereas you, Captain Levi, of the right. I'm counting on you two. So, how is the training going (y/n)?"

"Some of the cadets need some improvement, but overall pretty good."

"I chose you for a reason, (y/n). You better not disappoint me."

She was visibly shaking.

Tsk. That brat always takes Erwin's words so seriously. 

"Of course, Commander."

"With that being said, you are dismissed."

[Time Skip]

After leaving the meeting room, I went outside for some fresh air, only to see (y/n) talking, or at least trying to talk, to the cadets.

"Guys are you even listening to me?"
she said in a worrying tone.

"Captain what's the point? We are all going to die anyways."

"Please don't say that!"

After what that guy said, everyone started murmuring to each other panicked.

"Maybe we should talk to Commander Erwin about a better plan or somethin-"

"The human race is in danger of extinction! You have no business trying to impose your own goddamn rules!"

Everyone went silent.

I haven't heard (y/n) yell to others like that.

"You better listen 'cause I'm only going to say this once. You are under my command. I'm trying my best to train you all, so that you survive! I get it. You are risking your lives, but so are we. But we all have a reason. And that main reason is humanity. If you want to see your loved ones, and live your future in peace, you are going to obey the rules."

Silence.

"Now, if anyone wants to leave then do it. You are either going to serve or go home. We don't need weaklings anyway."

Everyone just stayed there. Watching (y/n) with wide eyes.

"No one?"

Not even one person moved.

"Good. I expect you all to be ready for tomorrows' training. Dismissed."

And after that, they all left.

[(y/n)'s POV]

Why am I shaking so much? I better go get myself a glass of water.

"Captain!"

I turned around only to see my squad members waving at me.

"Oh. Hi guys."

"Your speech was amazing!"

"I was just trying to motivate some of them. Now, you better get some rest."

"Speak for yourself cap'! We are all ready for-"

After noticing my disapproving stare, they glanced at each other.

"You're right! We're going to bed after dinner. But promise us that you'll do the same."

"Of course. Goodnight!"

I slowly walked away from them. I just wish they would take things more seriously.

I don't want anything bad to happen to them while we're on the expedition.

...

Thank you guys so much for reading! Don't forget to vote :)