37: The Blood Bond

Third person POV

Third person POV

The air was filled with tension. Who would have known that this serene full moon night would be the one where tempestuous secrets long buried would finally be unveiled.

Taehyung was still uncertain about telling Jennie the truth. He was afraid of Jennie's reactions, what if she refuses to accept the truth. What will Taehyung do then? How will he gain her back? It was better this way? Or was it?

He looked at the night sky with glittering stars then turned and said,

"Let's go there..." He pointed towards the labyrinth in their lawn as Jennie squinted her eyes to figure out what he was pointing at and nodded. They started walking towards it.

Both of them were left alone to talk things out. Mino was hearing out Baekhyun's confession whereas Lisa was with Jungkook mentally preparing him for the transformation. Whereas Jennie's mother was praying for her daughter's well being.

They had already entered the labyrinth as Taehyung cleared his throat and started,

"Cambridge Falls... " He started. "My family has been here for a very long time. My father loved this place more than anything, He would tell me how someday I would be the heir to this kingdom and how I should dedicate my everything to it too...But I knew I could never do a better job than him, and I also knew he wasn't going anywhere and that he was going to rule this kingdom for a very very long time."

Taehyung seemed to know the directions in the labyrinth so Jennie kept following him and Taehyung proceeded saying,

"Now...The king, my dad. One of a kind, powerful and loved by all, a perfection he was...But sadly nothing or nobody is perfect"

He said with pain evident in his voice. Jennie slightly rubbed his back sympathizing with him.
"...The king didn't only love this kingdom, he was almost obsessed with it, with being a king. And even if he didn't say it, sometimes he felt afraid and threatened..." He paused.

"Why?" Jennie asked.

"Afraid of committing a mistake, and afraid that his powers will be taken away and given to his younger brother, My uncle..."

Taehyung had an uncle? Jennie thought.

"Powers keep changing in our monarchy because vampires live many, many years and a single king can't rule all his life...Changing powers is important for fairness" Taehyung said.

"...But my father didn't understand that" His voice cracked. "And when he really did commit a mistake because he was so overworked, he was asked to rest and my uncle was made the king at that time..."

Taehyung's voice was getting increasingly straining, "but then my father... He just, he changed..."

He then turned to face Jennie as if reading her expressions and then started walking even deeper into the labyrinth.