29: The Byuns

Jennie's POV

I woke up as the warm sun rays caressed my skin, its warmth felt nice, the chirping of the birds was music to my ears, my heart fluttered, I stepped down of my bed as my foot danced with the rhythm.

"Gracious, how you dance!"

"What the--" I gasped, I almost lost my breath, I was so startled.

"Mr Hyun-Suk! What are you doing here?"

"Morning sweetheart" He said.

What is going-on in his mind?

"Morning. When did you come?" I asked.

"I have been here for a while but you were asleep so I waited for you to wake up"

That fact was hard to digest.

"So Is there any specific cause for your unexpected visit?" I asked much formally.

"Why, Can't I pay you a simple visit beautiful?" He said. I instantly started feeling unsafe around him. He's being really weird. I managed to put a fake smile on my face.

"Oh but for now I am here for a reason" He said.

"What?"

"The Ball"

"A Ball?"

"Yes, Balls are common in royal families you know. But this is a different one, a special one..."

"Umm... As in?"

"Haahaa... It's for the honor of our relationship with our neighbours, The Byuns" He said.

Okay, So they have neighbours?And a honor for their relationship?

"So be ready, 9 tonight" He said.

"Oh sure, I will" I replied.

"Yes and stay safe, okay?" He said.

"Yeah... Ya... Ya" I replied sceptically.

After he left I again drowned in my thoughts. His father seems a bit out of place. His eyes reflect his strange intentions,I would call those preying eyes.

After getting ready, I was going downstairs for breakfast, Half-way through I saw Hyun-Suk talking with a man near the study. He was a tall, muscled man but to me the conversation appeared a bit intense. That man's eyes accidentally met with mine, I immediately looked away and continued walking but I could have sworn he had smirked at me.

We had our breakfast. Mino told us about the Ball. And to my surprise nobody knew about that earlier. I mean I was the only one informed by Hyun-Suk before hand.

All of us spent the rest of the day playing games, watching movies and chilling. I didn't see Nancy or Taehyung after breakfast, while Irene and Mino stayed with us for the rest of the day. After talking to Irene I figured she was indeed very sweet and a total reciprocal of Nancy. She even has a good sense of humour.

We returned back to our rooms for getting ready for the Ball since it was already 7:30. I was still hoping to catch a sight of Taehyung. We hadn't talked since morning.

As I reached my room, I saw one splendiferously stunning gown resting on a mannequin. My eyes remained glued to that dress.

"How do you like it Miss?" Agatha asked.

"I'm speechless, So is it Taehyung?"

"Who else could it be?" She answered with a smile. "Let's do your spa then."

"A spa? Wow..." I replied with much enthusiasm. "So are you not coming to the Ball too?" I asked.

"No miss, we aren't allowed to such places. We're much lower in rank" She Said.