38: Prophecy

Third person POV

The night outside was still calm but Jennie's mind was flooded with thoughts. Her father wasn't evil after all. 

"I miss you dad..." She thought as she walked out to the balcony looking up at the sky. She was so drowned in emotions that she couldn't hear the door of her room open behind her.

Taehyung came inside to find her in the balcony. He went there & thought of patting her back but he didn't. He swiftly moved & stood beside her.

None of them spoke a word. It didn't mean that there was nothing to talk about, it simply meant there was so much to talk about that nobody knew where to start.

"Isn't the moon beautiful?" Jennie said still looking at the sky.

"It is..." Taehyung replied.

"You know, every time I am tired or confused about things, I just look at the moon..." Taehyung waited for her to continue. "It's so serene that it eases my soul, It gives me a hope that someday everything will get better for me..."

"So, You like the night...?" Taehyung asked.

"No..." She replied as he gave her a confused look. "I fear the darkness..." She said & looked at Taehyung. Their eyes locked.

Taehyung cupped her face & said "How can you be free if you're afraid?". Jennie let out a small chuckle and said. "Maybe I'll never be..."

Those words broke Taehyung's heart. "You'll be free, Everything will get better, I promise" He said. Their faces were inches apart, both of them could feels each others' warmth.

And that's when Jennie leaned in and their lips touched. She wrapped her hands around his neck whereas Taehyung pulled her waist making her get closer.

He embraced her as if he was a shield who would protect her from any lurking danger. His body's warmth made Jennie comfortable, She felt safe with him.

"So... What is it mom?" Jennie asked her mother who sat across  her bed.

After Jennies' mom had apologized for lying about her father all these years, she was actually more worried to inform her something else, 

"Mom..." Jennie moved towards her. "Yes,i know it's hard but I think I can face it, I'm learning to accept things... " Jennie said giving her mother an assuring look.

Jennie's mother let out a sigh and begun.

"There's still some things you need to know, important things..."

Jennie waited for her to continue.

"Your father..." She halted. "He was killed... He was murdered" Jennie's face turned pale.

"I know mom..." Jennie said as she went to her mother and rubbed her back. 

"Your dad was a great king. Nothing bad happened under his rule... But he also had enemies..."

"Who killed him mom? You were there right? You saw them, who were they?"

"The Byuns..." Jennie's heart skipped a bit and tears stung her yes. "why" She managed to speak.

"Werewolves & Vampires are actually meant to keep a check on each other. It's nature's own rule that Vampires & Werewolves are always present in the same places but they have their own areas of control..." Her mother said.

"The deeds of your father seemed to displease the Werewolves & maybe some other vampires too. And they just..." Her voice cracked and she started to cry.