15. Pull up

"You can't. I can drive myself I promise." I fought him tooth and nail about not letting him take me to the store. With the blacked out truck out front I'm sure Sloane was on his way with a whole lot to say.

"Whatever floats your boat E."Having someone see us walking around Target together wasn't going to make the conversation I have to have with Sloane any better.

"I know you don't care but I don't want to have to explained it or even talk about it when he gets wind of it." I didn't want him to think I was blowing him off. He was already concerned about me being heartless so I didn't want this encounter to add to it. We decided it was best to part ways and link up later in the week.

Sloane had already started calling me by the time I was on my way to the store. I continued to let the sound of the radio fill the air, turning the ringer down. I pulled up to a stop light before turning in to the shopping complex not giving a fuck how mad he was.

I parked trying to remember exactly what I went to the store for. I started my basic grocery shopping before calling Erin.

"What do you want for dinner baby cake?" I asked her completely bypassing a greeting. My mind was so focused on the different types of ice cream that I didn't need.

"You're cooking for me?" She acted all surprised. Making sure she was fed was the least I could do for her. Erica had her own shit to worry about that didn't concern either one of us and Erin had really been stepping up.

"Pick a dish before I change my mind." I laughed while putting the a pint of ice cream in the cart.

"Mmmm I haven't had lasagna in a while..." I listened to her brainstorm over the phone.

"That's it?" I asked hoping she would say yes, which she did.

"I'll stop and get some desert before coming over." She added as I walked around the store.

"Sounds good to me. I'll be leaving the store in a little bit. How are my babies?" I asked moving down to grab some garlic bread before getting cheese.

"They are napping right now. I finally got them to sleep at the same time." I missed them so much but I needed these two days desperately. It hard enough not being with their father.

"Thank you again. I hate leaving them with you like this..." She cut me off immediately.

"I told you about that Emmy. Stop it, these are my nephews and I'll always be here." She went on a short rant about how much fun it is to help me.

"Love you." I gathered the rest of the ingredients.

"To the moon an back." I could hear her smile through the phone.

"See you soon. I have a lot to tell you. I said before hanging up and traveling to the baby section. I stopped past the pharmacy, investing in condoms and a morning after pill. The thought of birth poking around with my natural rhythm made me uncomfortable.

I purchased a pill right at the pharmacy counter. I popped it, not wanting to be outside of the time range. I couldn't risk getting pregnant. I stood up tall and continued my shopping trip.

I stocked up on diapers, wipes, and food before having to turn around for shampoo. With my cart full to the brim I stood in line still receiving texts from Sloane that I didn't even bother opening. I stuffed the phone in my pocket before realizing the young lady had already began bagging and scanning. I waited for her to finished before swiping my card and pushing the heavy ass cart to the Starbucks, using the change for and iced coffee. Using one hand to protect my caramel delight and the other to push the cart to the truck I realized how beautiful it was outside. I took a couple more sips before checking my surroundings and putting the cup in the front cup holder. I began grabbing bags and lifting them in to the truck.

••
Back in the house
••

I stared to put the food away and cook as soon as I got home. It was still pretty early in the day so the food would be done at a good time.

My phone ended up dying on the way home from the non stop calls, text, and dms I was getting. I waited until the lasagna was in the oven to even touch the phone. I texted my sister that it was cool for her to come over when ever she was ready before scrolling through my play list. I was glad I decided to invest in a speaker system. It definitely help fill the dead air when I was home alone.

"So you really aren't going to a pick up the phone?" The text banner dropped down. I let out a sigh before bucking up and calling. It was only a matter of time before he started banging in the door anyway. To my surprise he didn't even answer the phone.

I couldn't help myself, I began to laugh. Regardless of what he had to say I'm a grown ass women and who I let in my house is my choice. When it comes to this house he didn't put a dime in to purchasing it, he'll he didn't know about it until I left.

When the phone rang again I was prepared not to answer it until I saw that it was my baby sister.

"That nigga Sloane pulled up on just now talking about he was taking his kids. I pulled off on his dumb ass of course." My heart dropped as soon as I heard how irate she was.

"Where are you now." I asked trying to get off of the phone so I could call his stupid ass. If this is how he wanted it to be then fine.

"I'm coming down your block now. Is there a spot in the back?" I took a peek out of the back door and told her yes. Hanging up I walked down the back steps to help her with the car seats.

"He is really going to get fucked up E. I don't think he knows who the fuck I am." Erin was 100% a live wire no mater how small she was. She was obviously a little a little spooked but definitely too upset to calm down.

"What the fuck has been going on?" She asked asked as we trekked back up to the house.

"Hi papa" I said allowing Khalil to stand up once we got inside. I gave him cuddles before unbuckling my youngest. I held Nasir while Khalil paid me no mind.

"Sloane has the person in that black van watching me and he say Tay come to the house a couple hours ago which is why he had that energy with you." Nasir curled up in my arms. Feeling his heart beat calmed my spirt. Erin stormed towards the front door looking for the truck. Once I heard the door open I knew she was about to start her shit.

"Come here papa." I healed my hand out for Khalil to hold. One thing I didn't need, was my sister making a scene in my new neighborhood. We walked to the open door where I saw her already across the street. With two taps in the glass the passenger side window came down

"You watching my sister." I heard her say ash she rolled her neck. I couldn't hear anything you were saying over her voice.

"All right Erin that's enough." There was nothing she could say to make him leave.
The two exchanged a few more words before she stomped back across the street.

"This shit is crazy. Does this nigga own the city or something?" She said closing and locking the doors. She picked Khalil up tickling him once she saw that he was about to cry.

"Listen I'm not used to being on the wrong side of Sloane either." Sloane was being irrational and hot headed but it would pass.