23.your mind

Emerald

"Why are you so concerned about me? Shouldn't you be on your way to counsling? I'm sure that your husband is waiting on you." She came over to look anger the boys for a bit since Sloane would be staying here tonight.

"Maybe you should have a little sex." Erica sat in my living room as I finished cleaning up from feeding the boys.

"That's your problem." She pointed star me as I washed the dishes.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked, interested in her her answer. I turned the phone after on making sure I paid extra attention to her words.

"You think with your vagina and not your head. That's what that good doctor needs to get through your head." She said fighting a laugh. I stopped in my tracks actually appalled at her statement. Once upon a time I could say that she was right but not now.

"That's what you think?" I asked her now looking at her from the kitchen.

"It's what I know." She flipped her hair and a scrolled through her phone.

"If that were true then I would still be with Deontay and you wouldn't have your nephews." I pointed out.

"Yeah whatever"

"I will tell you this..." I paused. I finished up washing the dishes and wiping down the counter in the kitchen before skipping into the living room. I plopped myself right next to her ready to continue the conversation.

"I may have only been with two men but I have never not been satisfied. Don't even get me started on Sloane when I have an attitude. Oh or when he is drunk, it's rare but a good time." I caught myself in the middle of a flash back.

"To much information." She closed her eyes.
"Let me rephrase it. You need to have some fun." She has finally let go of her baby's daddy.

"I found out a lot about Jordan and I never got over it but I have been seeing someone." She stopped after herring my phone ring. I ignored it in order to continue talking.

"Seeing someone?" My eyes widened. She had been focusing on taking time for Bria but she was getting older and is demanding a sibling.

"I think I like him. He has has a little girl too and he... he's cool." She smiles at the thought of her mysterious me man. I held off on showing my excitement because she could definitely be talking about Jordan.

"I think I may like him. I can spend a lot of time with him and not get annoyed E. I don't feel like I'm wasting my time and when we did have sex it was amazing..." she trailed off. I decided to easy my way in to the conversation because I definitely wanted details.

"I just feel good about it. We don't do half the stuff y'all do but he is getting the job done." I let her finish her thoughts.

"I miss what we used to do. But I kinda miss that part of the relationship I had with Tay." I said bracing myself for her next comments. I could feel her energy change as we got deeper in to the conversation.

"You can't be serious. I mean I get it but I just can't believe you still think about it." She heals back a little bit. I took control and actually began to express myself.

"It was good but the whole thing, the entire relationship was so bad. We could look at each other and then boom. But then he turned me down." I decided to fill her in on what was really going on.

"I had a slip up. I thought I wanted to hurt Sloane the way he hurt me and go do something stupid. He told my ass no. After all these years." She was fed up with me.

"Emerald go head on to counsling before I catch a case. You can not be serious?" I heard the disappointment in her voice. I took a deep breath as I thought about what I was thinking at that moment when I found myself at Tay's job.

"I know, I know." I stood up grabbing my car keys off of the ottoman. I stood up to my surroundings to see where my wallet was.

"You know what I don't even want to hear it. Erin has been hogging the boys and I want to enjoy my time with the without Bria throwing a fit." I knew she had a lot to say about my slip up but refused to waste her breath.

"I'll pick her up from school and get her something to eat when I'm on my way back." Even though the boys have come with us before, she wouldn't take no to for an answer.

"Please don't give her any candy." The last time I picked her up from school sh was bouncing off of the walls for hours. I promised he that I wouldn't because a hyper Bria is a head ache. I kissed he foreheads if my boys and my sister before I left to meet Sloane at Dr.Sela's office.

"So she came to your place of business. Emerald do you feel like you're husband properly defused the situation?" Dr. Sela asked writing some notes. I held Sloane's hand as I recreated the moment. I shifted my body on the plush couch.

"I don't even know. I mean I just wishe she wouldn't have been there in the first place." I felt like I did a damn good job defending myself. The girl had a mouth on her but if I was looking for a come up I would to.

"It all happened so fast I wasn't even expecting her." Sloane spoke. Even though the point of couples counselors to be open and honest with each other we definitely couldn't share all of the details with Dr.Sela. Honestly I didn't even know how to tell her that Joy made her way into the picture after my husband almost beat a young man to death over money.

"I'm going to try and comb through this a bit more. Now, this young lady felt comfortable coming to your job without any form of communication. Is this young lady one of your mistresses? Have you and this, Joy person, had any sexual encounters?" He rubbed hud thumb over my knuckles answering almost immediately.

"Yes. She um." He paused. I know about a portion of it and I said wondering if he was going to fill me in on something that I didn't know.

"I let her give... I let her preform oral sex on me once." I could tell he was trying to take the less vulgar approach in his honesty.

"Was is this prior to the birth of your second child?" I hated that she was going so far back because I thought she was supposed to help us propel forward. Then again, there are some things that need to be addressed.

"Prior to, yes" He shook his head.

"Doing so I want other things lead me too sleep in my office to three days before she gave birth because I couldn't believe how selfish I was..." De. Sela cut him off.

"Before our time is it, I would like you to know that the things that Sloane was about to share come from our personal sessions." She caught me off guard.

"While on wait." I waved my hand to get her to stop talking.

"Personal sessions?" I looked back and forth at both of them.

"Sloane." Our counselor nodded her head giving him the OK to talk.

"Listen..." He turned to completely face me.

"When I made the decision to stay away from you, even when you were in your most vulnerable state, it was because I was sure that I would lose you. I took those days as a punishment for myself, and as childish as it may seem it worked." I tensed up, snatching my hand away from him.

"I'm really not even trying to talk about that.

"But isn't that why you all are here? Isn't it why you took steps to end your marriage?" Dr. Sela asked.

"Yes, it is the exact reason. However there's nothing that he can say no or anything that you can say to make me feel differently about it."