17.Anyway

I pulled up out side of E's right after my shift. It was close to opening time and I needed to get the boys home. Getting out of the car, I held my head down as I texted Sloane to have them ready. I pulled the heavy back door entering to back door of the club.

"Well hello Miss Ma'am" I very chipper, but shady Adrian came from behind the bar. I stopped in my tracks and laughed. I tried so hard not to be seen but It didn't work.

"You look good in scrubs." Her complement made me blush.

"Hey love how are you?" I asked falling in to her hug. I could tell by her deep sigh that she had somethings to her off of her chest.

"It's been rough around her without you popping in..." she started looking around. I followed her gaze from wall to wall. It looked like there were a little short staffed.

"A few of the girls up and quit because your boy had been snapping on them. The last guy who left almost took the place down with him." I swung my head back in her direction. She shook her head as if she was picturing the events.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I crossed my arms and leaned in for all of the tea. I hadn't been to the club since before having the baby so this was all news to me. I was aware that Sloane was a little off but not enough to make his employees leave. One thing that I tried to implement, especially in the Vegas location, is a family environment. I want to people to feel safe and  appreciated but this was the exact opposite.

"Girl, this guy, Chris was late for his shift but just a hair and boss man  called him to his office. They were up there for a little bit and then the conversation got heated. Sis, I mean he did to the point where we could hear it down here. Once is spilled outside of the office, Chris kept telling Sloane to talk to him like a man and not a kid..." At this point it all begin to make sense. Sloane was most likely taking all of the bad energy that he  wanted to give me and putting it into his employees. I can see exactly where Chris may have been coming from. Sloane has a way of thinking that he knows what's right for everyone and even making the slightest suggestion can come off as crossing him.

"Sloane threw a punch at him and landed it right on his jaw. Honey after that, it was a full-blown street fight..."

"When did this happen?" I interrupted her. She may have known that I was back at work but I know for a fact she didn't know that we were staying in separate homes.

"Last night actually." This message is something that was handled internally because it was surprising that I hadn't found out about it even at work. I work at the closest hospital to the club so neither one of them could've been beating up that bad. Then again he did have a nurse on call.

"Chris is the fourth person to quit this week, making him like the seventh to quit this month and it's only the second week." She said shocking me. I know how much this place means to him so to see him being the main cause of his demise bothers me.

I snapped myself out out of The sympathetic mood that I was in. I came in here to get my boys and maybe pick up some food before heading home.

"Wow Adrien. I can only imagine how it's affecting you." I said redirecting the conversation.

" girl, I'm here from sun up to almost sundown. I'm bartender, bottle girl, waitress, and the manager at any given time. It's  all intensified if somebody has to call out for some odd reason." She put her hand on her hip. I could tell the way she threw the bottle over her shoulder she was over it.

"I'll see what I can do." I glanced up at Sloane watching us have our conversation. He looked at me and then at Adrien as he held Nasir. With all of the attitude in her little frame she yelled up to Sloane.