The battle

Sloane

Thank god E went to bat for double shower heads, I couldn't stand that hot ass water.While she stepped out of the shower I continued to rinse off.

"I'm not putting myself in that shit. They are grown and the need to figure it out." I said turning off the water. A main reason why is because I don't know what Maiya has on me. She said she could ruin my marriage and while I have been on the up and up I'm not sure what she knows.

"She can get her ass beat tonight. You see his she put her hands all in my face and shit?" E asked as she recounted the way Tornado Maiya came through and fucked up our moment.

"She is hurting. I'm glad you let her slide." I said now dry and slipping into some basket ball shorts. I decided to free ball it in case my baby wanted some more.

"Whatever. She has the right one. I wonder if she is still here." She said brushing her hair in to a pony tail. I watched her walk over and take one of my shirts before making eye contact.

"It doesn't matter if she is still here or not you can still get this work baby." I bit my lip and smacked her ass as she walked away.

"Promise?" She asked as she came back for a kiss.

"Promise" I said pecking her lips.

"Let me go check on the boys." She said. I followed her out of the bathroom to take the sheets off of the bed and carry them down stairs. As soon as she opened the door I could hear that there was a lot more happening than a conversation. I snatched the sheets off and joined E in checking in in the kids. Amir, almost 3 months was sound asleep. It was remarkable that he was sleeping this long and at this age because his brothers were a little different. Nasir, almost 3, was also asleep just like Khalil who was 5 going on 15. The were both starting kindergarten and pre-k soon which was a big wake up call.

"What the hell are they so loud for?" E asked as we walked down stairs.

"That shit is none of my business." I replied trying to focus on my own fucked up situation.

"Nate fuck you. After all the shot that I have done for your sorry ass and you go and guck with this little ass girl." Maiya yelled. It had been at least and hour from the time she popped up at our door and when I and I got out the shower. The fact that they were still going at it made me believe Nate really wanted to be with Erin.

"Erin are you ok?" E asked her sister when we got down stairs. Once we turned the corner I proceeded passed the kitchen to the laundry room just before the basement door to toss the sheets in.

"You condone this shit? As a married women you are letting this shit slide?" Maiya asked still screaming. I shook my head as I opened the washing machine door. That was the main reason that I wanted to keep my distance.

"I'm not talking to you I'm talking to my sister. I love you Maiya but Calm your ass down." I rushed to put the detergent in to the machine and start the load. The last thing this situation needed was a fight. I returned to the common area and leaned on the back side of the couch. My eyes shot from left to right and then to Nate who was clearly overwhelmed.

"Chill baby." I spoke up.

"Calm down for what? What could make the situation worse? I'm about to be a single mother." Maiya spat looking directly at Nate.

"No I don't, especially since It causes confusion like this. I just want y'all to come to an understanding, or if not be ok with not." E finished.

"Maiya I am going to take care of my daughter." He said calmly.

"Fuck you. It's clear that you always want to be like Sloane even the worst parts of him. That cheating shit catches up with you." She said. I remained silent and shook my head. Why do we have to relate the bad shit to me?