18. When you tell me

I rushed to turn the alarm off when we got in the house. I sat Nasi's car seat down and darted to put the code in. I would never be able to get them to sleep if the alarm sounded. There will be about an hour of calming them down, and feeding them would have been a disaster.

"Okay. Alright." I said realizing I was a little out of shape. I closed and locked the door then turning in the light. I watched Khalil, who already had a mind of his own not only take off his shoes but his little brother as well. I held my hand on my hips as he handled his business.

"You got that?" I asked him as I unbuckled Nasir from his car seat. He was in need of a super diaper change. I let Khalil lead the way even though it slowed me down. He was just like his stubborn ass daddy.

Once I was able to get in to the room I let Khalil know that I didn't need his help.

"Is it heavy?" I asked as he lifted the wipes from the bottom shelf of the changing table. He looked at me and shook his head no as he clearly struggled.

Even though this is in the lifestyle that I imagine I was glad to have it. Honestly, at this point in my life with everything going on I wouldn't have it any other way. I was taking the time to actually get to know my kids. I loved getting to see Khalil take charge and help his siblings. It was almost like he knew that he would need to.

I took this time to put bath time first. I let my older son play while I bathed stinky Nasi. Nasir was his normal calm self as I cleaned him. He got a little fussy towards the the end when it was time for me to dry him off.

Khalil insisted on cold water for this go round which was only fun for him. I was able to keep an eye on Nasir as I washed Khalil's bush. I decided to add a little leave in conditioner to his hair and let it air dry why he ate. We all found ourselves back downstairs were I grabbed the boy's favorites from the kitchen to make it easier on myself. Allowing them to focus on is even made it A lot faster to feed them.

About a half hour later Nasir was out like a light while Khalil fought his sleep. After laying the baby down I thought about Tay. I didn't care that he told Sloane about our daughter because it needed to be done. I could only imagine what it took for him to let that information out. Then again Tay would have done anything to get the upper hand.

Leila wasn't a mistake but she was a bit of a secret. It felt good to let it be in the open. I did feel bad about how nonchalant I was when it came to telling my husband but I'm sure there's some things that he needs to tell me. In fact I'm almost positive that the skeletons in his closet will come out soon. Khalil sudden movements changed my course of thought.

I looked down to see Khalil finally closing his eyes. I moved slowly trying to pick him up and walk to his room without waking him up. I got him down without a fight. With the use of baby monitors I was able to take a shower and lay down. I made sure that the volume was up after getting  out of the shower. I checked on my son's changing Nasi before he was able to disturb his brother. I was able to get into the bed and my eyes closed immediately.

••
Noon the next day

••

There was one thing I learned was from a mother of two it was to sleep when they slept. I wake up about an hour in to their nap I was actually surprised that they were still asleep. Today had been really chill but with Sloane coming over soon it could all change. I caught up on some ratchet TV while getting something together for the boys to snack on. An episode came and went when I wake the boys up. I didn't want them to sleep too long.

The boys faces lit up when the door bell rang.

"At  least somebody has some home training today." I said out loud as move the snack I had prepared for them of the the high chairs. I walked to the door hoping that they wouldn't find some way to make a mess. My feet were freezing from the cold floor. I looked through the glass to make sure it was Sloane. He stood at the door with a hand full of take out.