Damage Control

Hurried footsteps echoed through the walls of VAST Entertainment. A woman runs as quickly as she could, clasping her phone on one hand, and holding a clipboard on the other. She reached the executive offices and proceeded to the meeting room, where she waited for at least a minute outside to catch her breath, to allow herself speak clearly in front of her bosses. She knocked three times into the door and when she went inside, she saw their agency's CEO, wearing a black suit scribbling notes on a paper. She released a deep breath, and raised her phone to show a photo to everyone in the room.

"Daeponyim, we have a big problem."

-

Silence enveloped the room. Bin just finished thanking the team for their hardwork during the filming of Crash Landing On You, as the drama was a huge hit not only in Korea, but across the world, when his staff came unannounced in the middle of a meeting, announcing that another dating rumor with Son Ye Jin has been circulating the online community. Bin's demeanor changed, from a friendly Sunbae to a serious and stern CEO, much to his staff's surprise.

"The Swoon uploded a Behind-The-Scene video just as the contract says, and a fan noticed something during the Pyongyang scene.." she trailed off for a second before continuing, "that you, Daeponyim, and Son Yejin-ssi are holding hands under the table,"

All the people present inside the meeting room focused on the matter at hand. Everyone can feel the icy aura inside the room, and no one dared to speak. Standard operating procedure is always deny these things, but complication starts when there is a photo involved.

The sound of a vibrating phone over a wooden table  broke the silence of the group. Every pair of eyes looked at their CEO's phone, and just as they have expected, the phone displayed a photo of Son Ye Jin-ssi, indicating an incoming call from the beautiful actress.

Bin grabbed the phone from the table and said, "I'll be right back." He then went out to take the call.

Everyone in the room exhaled in relief, as if holding their breath afraid of how their CEO might react. Employees of VAST Entertainment were entrusted with the truth— that Bin and Yejin are indeed dating, so when issues like this arise, they would be prepared beforehand on how to respond.

However, Yejin-ssi and their CEO have been tangled with these kind of rumors for the third time— and with a conclusive evidence at that.

"....What's the worst thing that could happen if they just admit they are dating?" Someone said, uttering the words they've all been thinking but afraid to say out loud.

-

"Hello?"

"Binnie." She didn't need to utter another word.
He knows what's up and he knows what to do.

"We're working on it, baby." Bin said, glancing at his watch before continuing, "I'll be there in an hour. Wait for me. I love you."

"I love you," Yejin said and she immediately ended the call.

-
Bin entered the meeting room once again and all chatters died down. He placed his phone on top of the table and sat at his usual seat— the one in the middle, "So what's our plan? I'll be leaving in thirty, so lay down your plan of action and we'll talk about specifics. We will stick with this issue's status quo: that Son Ye Jin and I are not dating. Is that clear?"

By the end of the meeting, a statement has already been drafted, ready for its release to the press pending some finalization. They went over the details once again, and the executive assistant of Bin scribbled in the white board:

"1. Son Yejin-ssi and Hyun Bin-ssi are not dating, as confirmed by HB himself,
2. SYJ was holding her own hand"

Bin glanced at his watch, and said, "These are great. Finalize the statement and release it to the media." Sincerely, he added: "Thank you again for your help on this, everyone. We owe you."