Never Ready

⚠️ Content Warning: This chapter has some mature content that some people may not be comfortable reading. Please proceed with caution and at your own risk.

Hyun Bin, being the professional that he is, made it a habit not to use his phone during meetings. He would always place his phone on top of the table, but no call nor text would make him pick up that phone.

..until she came into his life.

The only exception to all his rules.

The production director is now addressing his co-actor, giving Bin a chance to pay attention to the message she had sent him.

Hiding his phone underneath the table, he saw a video of her accompanied with a message.

"Will you miss me?"

Making sure his phone is on silent, he played the video. Her gorgeous face stared at the camera as she made a kissing face that he knew was meant for only him. He struggled to stifle a small smile that is now forming on his lips, wanting this meeting to end so that he could go back to his woman resting in the comfort of their home.

..but it wasn't until he saw that captivating expression in her eyes that he felt his whole body stiffen in his seat.

The news that he'll be shooting in Jordan for 2 months already broke out publicly. He didn't know that they would publish it this fast, considering they just talked about it this morning. He wanted to talk to her personally about it, but now it was all over the web.

He wondered whether the news had already reached her— it was different when the press was involved, the finality of everything was just looming around the corner. A touchy topic for the both of them, whom conversations always lead to fights whenever they approach this topic.

On some occasions that they talk about this and didn't fight, that would only mean that her passive aggressiveness had taken over. Otherwise, he had always known that one of her defense mechanisms to all these is to tease and make fun of him.

...and so Yejin settled into torturing him in this way.

After that intense expression from her eyes, the beautiful woman subsequently rolled her eyes back into her head.

He loved that face of hers. Innocent to some, seductive to him. It held so many memories of the both of them basking in the sweet pleasure of making her feel his love.

Is this meeting not over yet?!

"You're gonna be the death of me. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to take you off my mind. So yes, I am going to miss you. Badly."

He immediately got a reply.

"Then come home now."

"I will, baby."

Bin drove his car at a speed that was certainly not legal, just so he can quickly go home to his Yejin.

He silently opened the door to their home and saw her in the kitchen, still with her apron on, cooking. The delicious aroma of what she's preparing filled their home, making his stomach grumble.

Slowly wrapping his arms in her waist, he was careful enough not to startle her. He planted a soft kiss on her cheek as he said, "I'm home, baby."

She quickly turned and responded by linking her arms around his neck. Pulling him closer, Yejin kissed Bin on the lips. He knew by the way she kissed him that she missed him so much, even if they were just together this morning.

She held him tightly in an embrace, unwilling to let him go.

Unwilling to let him go from her embrace. Unwilling to let him go to the other end of the continent.