Eomma Jinnie

It was 9:00 in the evening when Bin was awoken by a cold and wet sensation in his leg area. Still engulfed with drowsiness, he shrugged it off and continued with his slumber.

A few moments later, Yejin was shaking Bin's arms in her attempt to wake him up. Bin, still dozy, absent-mindedly asked his wife, "Did you spill juice all over our bed again, Baby?"

"Binnie........" Her voice breaking with obvious worry was enough to wake Bin's spirits up. He sat in the bed and put one arm in his wife's shoulder.

"What's the matter, Baby?"

Yejin looked at him, removing the white duvet
covering their legs, revealing a wet bed sheet.
"....I think my water broke."

No man in the history of the world has gotten out of bed as quickly as Hyun Bin did.

In one minute, Bin has managed to put on his pants and grabbed the bag containing Yejin and Daewon's essentials. A minute after, the couple were out of the door, on their way to the hospital.

The hospital is 15 minutes away from their home, and she's sure that the pain she's feeling in her lower abdomen area is a contraction. Yejin screamed a long piercing cry, unable to endure her first out of many.

"Baby... hold on for a little bit, we're close to the hospital."

Bin's heart was pounding fast. Seeing his wife with suffer with unbearable pain, he stepped on the accelerator and his Land Cruiser jerked forward. He honked his horn everytime there was a slow car on his way, trying to shuffle his way in Seoul's moderate traffic.

-

Yejin was immediately checked by her OB-GYN, before she's transferred to a private suite room.

HOUR 1
22:30

Yejin's doctor entered her room and examined her once again.

"Yejin-ssi, if you would reconsider getting an epidural, tell me now so we can prepare for it," her doctor said "After this stage, we cannot administer it anymore,"

"I got it, doctor. Thank you." Yejin said to her doctor and she left the room afterwards.

Bin exhaled in relief knowing that his Yejin is not in pain anymore, but the moment her doctor left the room, she screamed in pain, "MOTHERF$&@?&!!!!!! That hurts like hell!!!!"

Bin worriedly rushed towards his wife, "Baby, does it hurt? I'm going to call the doctor to give you an epidural."

Yejin grabbed Bin's arm, stopping him from leaving,

"NO BINNIE! SHE WILL NOT INJECT MY SPINE WITH AN EPIDURAL! I CAN DO THIS!"

Yejin hasn't even considered getting one. Reading all the possible side effects to her and her baby, she just couldn't risk it.

Bin just held her hand, hoping he could take all the pain she's feeling.

HOUR 2
23:30

Bin dialled her mother-in-law's number, not expecting she would actually pick up because it's way past their bedtime.

"Hello?"

Bin immediately put the call on speaker so his wife could hear their conversation.

"Eomoni?"

"Yes, Tae-Pyung-ah? Did something happen?"

"Eomoni, Yejin is in labor." Bin said, careful not to distress her mother.

"WHAT?" Yejin and Bin could hear the hurried steps on the opposite line of the call, and her mother waking his father from his sleep, 'Eon-jin is in labor! Get up!'