The fighting ring

"A fighting tournament?" You asked ban.

"Yeah! You should totally join with us!!" Ban smiled.

"Who is us?" You asked.

"Me, king and Meliodas!" Ban smiled.

"Diane is not participating?" You asked.

"No giants allowed." King muttered entering the room.

"Why are you participating? You aren't much of a fighter, at least not for fun it seems." You asked.

"He wants to win Diane's sacred treasure back for her." Ban teased. You paused and you felt your hopes fall slightly.

"Shut up!!" King said flustered.

"Mm.... I think I'll sit this one out ok?" You asked.

"Huh?" Ban asked confused. "But you love fighting.... It's like something we used to do constantly."

"Yeah, I guess so... But I guess right now I just, want to be alone." You muttered. "I'll see you guys after the tournament... Have fun ok?"

"Oh.....Kay." Ban mumbled as you walked out of the boar hat. You sat in a tree alone as you sketched a snail that was against the bark onto your arm, because you were bored.

"Hey y/n!" Diane asked. "I thought you were going into town with the guys."

"I don't know... It didn't sound fun, and I wanted to be alone, so I stayed behind." You sighed.

"You wanna come search for ingredients with us?" Elizabeth asked.

"No, thank you." You said.

"Ok! Enjoy your alone time!" Diane said.

"Thanks, I will." You said hopping onto the roof of the boar hat and over to another new tree. You were done painting the snail anyways. You sighed disappointedly as you lightly hit your head against the tree repeatedly. "You're so stupid y/n! Catching feelings for a guy you literally just meet!" You muttered to yourself. "Of course he'd like Diane, she's so nice, and pretty, and not human... Less likely to die."

"Hey are you ok? You kinda look insane!" You hear diane yelling.

"Diane? You sound so quiet? Where are you?" You asked looking around.

"Down here!!" She shouted. You hopped down to see a much smaller Diane than before holding a really tiny Elizabeth.

"You got hit by a magic mushroom didn't you?" You asked.

"How did you know?!" Diane asked.

"I've been all over the place, You got hit by the shrinking mushroom, how does it feel to be human sized?" You asked.

"I feel tiny, and I don't really like it." She said.

"Ha, welcome to my life." You said. "Hey! You know, you could participate in the fighting tournament now that you're human sized, wanna go?" You asked.

"Yeah sure!" She said. You draped a cape over her shoulders.

"Let's see if we can fool the others." You giggled. I'll come with too." You dressed yourself in a dark hooded long sleeved shirt, baggy enough to hide your chest and your arm and then some normal sweat pants. You tied your hair up and flopped it over so it looked like a normal teenage boy's.

"Wow!!! You look like a guy, y/n!!" Elizabeth said.

"Thanks, I was aiming for it." You laughed. "Now let's go! Before the tournament starts!!"

"Yeah!!" Diane smiled.

-----

"So we just stand in this circle and not get knocked out." You mumbled to Diane or Metrona.

"Yeah, seems like it." She said. "This'll be easy."

"Yep." You said. You were practically left alone the entire time. However once ban came really close to accidentally pushing you off.

"9? Hmm, that's the first time we've had an extra person still in the game." The ref said. "Oh well! Let's head to the back and sort out fighting pairs shall we?"

You looked at your slip of paper, it had nothing on it. "Oh! It seems our oddball is this young lad!" The ref said patting your back kinda roughly. You noticed that this helmet on twig legs wasn't actually a helmet, but most likely a holy knight, or someone related to them. "You will be sitting out the first round and will be partnered up in the second round, where we will have another oddball!"

"Uh, ok." You muttered lowly. "That's fine by me."

"Sir, we don't know how strong this boy is, how do we know he'd be worthy to participate against someone in the second round?" A man asked.

"I actually agree with that statement." Ban said.

"Yeah me too!" King said.

"Is there anyone who doesn't mind this boy participating in the second round?" Diane raised her hand.

"Metrona, Why is that?" He asked.

"Because he signed up with me, and I am aware that he is rather strong." She said.

"If you can beat Metrona in an arm wrestle you can proceed to the next round." The ref called, You paused. If you raised your right hand the sleeve could fall down revealing your cover.

"Do you mind if it's with our non-dominant hands?" You asked.

"No, I don't." Metrona said.

"Fine by me!!" The ref smiled. You put your left hand on the table across from Metrona and she repeated the gesture. You locked hands and you could tell she wasn't going to go easy. You gave her a little vantage point to make her think she would win and then slammed her hand down on the table.

"Is that enough proof?" You asked.

"Yep!" The ref said. "Now before you leave I'll have to ask you to dispose of any weapons you might have on your person. And the first match will be King and old fart!" You got to watch the matches from the sidelines. You yawned the ref backed up and sat beside you.

"Why are you pretending to be a guy?" He asked.

"Mm, it's a prank on my brother." You said. "He's the one named ba-an."

"Ah, I see, is Metrona in on your prank?" He asked. "Because she was actually trying in that arm wrestle."

"She plays by the rules, she wouldn't have let me chest, that's just not who she is.... She's a kind girl." You smiled.

"Did that kid seriously lose!?" The ref said running back up to the stage.