Into the game

You were determined to fight ba-an. More well known as ban, Meliodas was the odd ball this time.

"Young lad, you're going to have to remove your hood, but you could put on a hat to replace it if you want to, hoods can be used to hide weapons." He said.

"Ok." You said. You swapped the hood with the hat real quickly. Leaving you to just not over do it.

"Enjoy your match." He said.

"Yeah right." You groaned.

"The first match is Oliver vs Ba-an." The ref called. "Now everyone get out."

You stood across from ban in the arena. "You could just forfeit, little boy?" Ban said.

"Well there's no fun in that." You yawned. The match begin and ban instantly used snatch. He didn't get much though. "I'm not strong, I just use my opponent's strength against them." He went to punch you and you dodged. "oops, I forgot to mention I'm really quick." You kicked him in the back of the left, throwing him off balance and knocking him off the platform. It was now you told the ref that you wished to forfeit, disqualifying you and ban. He agreed and you went to leave through the crowd but you were stopped.

"You aren't a guy." You heard king say.

"Mm, you may be right about that... Please let go." You said taking your wrist from his hand.

"Why did you go through so much trouble to disguise yourself when you could've just came with?" He asked.

"I'm not talking about this, bye." You said walking away. You sat in a small place by a little pound just a ways away. You found it relaxing when you took your hair out of the hat and put the hat upside down in the water. You felt so angry... And disgraced. You chucked s rock into the water, watching it bubble a little as it hit the ground.

"Why are you so upset?" King asked.

"Aren't you supposed to be watching the matches to make sure meliodas wins?" You asked.

"You're avoiding the question." He said.

"Yes!" You sighed. "I'm avoiding the question because I already feel like a total failure!! I failed at dying for God's sake!! How do you even do that?!"

"Is this about what meliodas said about you dying might've been completely useless?" King asked.

"Actually, it has absolutely nothing to do with that! It has everything to do with how much of an idiot I am!" You growled. You felt anger bubble inside you. "Ugh!!!" You placed your hands to your head messing up your hair as you attempted to make yourself feel better.

"You're not an idiot." He said.

"You don't know that, you've known me for two days, what have I tried to do in that time, I tried to die, I cut my arm open, I drank myself to sleep and I pretended to be a guy because I wanted to be alone." You explained. "Sounds really idiotic to me."

"You keep promises right?" He asked.

"I always keep my promises... I determined I would ever since dad promised he'd be back and didn't come back..." You muttered.