Half a Heart

You woke up really early the next day, to yet again a drunk ban and meliodas passed out. You begun cooking and ban woke up first sitting at the bar talking to you.

"You've been acting weird lately you know? More happy, less reckless, and very whiny." Ban asked.

"...Do you think it's in our blood? I mean you liked Elaine and now here we are." You sighed.

"Are you saying you like king?" Ban asked.

"....Yeah maybe." You sighed. "And I don't get it... How could I like the guy who wanted to kill my brother when I first met him? Maybe it's because of Elaine's stories... She kept telling me how awesome her brother was and that she wanted me to meet him."

"Oh... You've already spiraled down the rabbit hole... I can't save you now." Ban laughed. "But that seriously sucks since he likes Diane."

"You think I don't know that?! I wish I could just throw myself away.." You sighed. You heard a noise and then saw a very sleepy king. "Are you ok, sir?"

"Ew. No, don't call me sir... Like ever? That was gross." King mumbled taking a seat at the bar.

"So how long were you over there king?" Ban asked.

"I fell down the stairs." King mumbled. "How the hell did I do that?"

"You let me use the chastiefol and you forgot so you attempted to hop on the chastiefol and fell down instead of being smart and using your fairy powers to catch yourself." You yawned.

".....I feel like you know me too well for only having been here for like two weeks." King shrugged.

"Food." You passed them both a plate and then took one to meliodas who was still sleeping and than one to Elizabeth and goather who were upstairs, taking the rest out to Diane.

"Why aren't you saving any food for yourself?" King asked.

"I'm not hungry." You lied through your teeth.

"...." You saw ban and king exchange a sad glance.

"Y/n are you trying to starve yourself?" Meliodas asked looking completely serious. You went to talk but you stopped your eyes landing on the empty frying pan in front of you.

"....why?" King asked. Your face went pale.

"That's... Useless information." You sighed. "I'm going to gather more food from the forests before we move places again... I like the berries that grow here."

"When did you become a coward?" Ban asked just as you reached the door. "You just keep running away... When did you decide that was the best for you?"

"Sometimes you're only left with the option to run away.. because you can't always be strong." You mumbled before walking out the door. You had packed all your stuff into the bag you grabbed on your way out. You walked out of the boar hat and planned on disappearing for the rest of your pitiful life. You went towards the fairy king's forest. You arrived and stayed just outside picking berries and gathering ginger roots, it was a day's travel, and they probably began to realize something was wrong by than.

"Excuse me ma'am? What's your name?" A young fairy and her mother asked.

"My name is y/n l/n-"

"It's king ban's sister mom! I knew it!" The little fairy shouted.

"Wait, ban talks about me?" You asked. "Wait, king ban? Ban isn't the king of the fairy forest."

"He is!" The mother said. "Everyone deemed him the king because he keeps the forest alive with his blood!"

"If he was the king he would be here protecting the forest, my brother is immature, so am I! We know close to nothing about fairies." You said worriedly.

"You haven't seen ban when he's here!" The mom argued.

"I've seen ban as a kid, and having been with him the past two months, I would say he isn't fit to rule especially not over such a sacred forest." You sighed. "What about King harlequin?"

"Ugh, That jerk." The mother growled. "That fairy abandoned us when we needed him most... I wouldn't even call him a fairy."

"..H-he.." you were at a loss for words. You smiled gently. "Thank you for your time dear madam... I will finish collecting berries and roots and I will be on my way." She nodded and left. You gathered some more fruit and roots and a couple of veggies even before making your way towards liones. You never had expected to be walking right into a death trap but... You just didn't know what to do. You made it into liones to hear some gossip. Instead you ended up renting a hotel room. You slept well but woke up to utter chaos. You saw holy knights in demonic forms destroying and tearing apart the kingdom.

"What's going on?!" You shouted to a couple people running by, but to no prevail. You ended up attacking one of the guards, they poofed back to normal, however they were much more naked than you assumed they would've been prior. "What's going on?"

"I-i don't know I swear." The guard said. Your arm throbbed in pain. You felt the demon blood boil under your skin. You suddenly missed being a normal human, and you regretted leaving the seven deadly sins sides. At least then you wouldn't be so worried about being crushed.