Guilt

You woke up in the midst of chaos. Your brother was crying over you and all you could hear was ringing in your ears. The ceiling was familiar, the ceiling of the bakery the kids had hidden in. The kids!!

You launched up from the safety of your brother's arms looking around drastically. You found yourself relieved at the sight of all right children sleeping comfortably in the bed of the bakery owner. Your hands went to your ears after that... Sound was a luxury you couldn't afford to lose today. You found ear plugs you plucked one out to hear the humming of the lady as she baked bread and the soft snores of the kiddos. You sighed in relief as you tossed aside the ear plugs.

"Y/n!" Ban went to hug you and you flinched.

.....flinched? That doesn't seem right. You stood up a bit perplexed. You opened the door to see a shambled kingdom... But no king and extra fairy fighting anymore. Your bag and weapon sat lonely on a rooftop nearby. You let the door fall gently behind you and ban.

"The other's should be back at the boar hat.... Half of the kingdom is celebrating there... We should join them!" Your brother tried to keep a cheery tone of voice.

".....I hate it." You mumbled.

"Hmm?" Your brother questioned.

"I hate what I have become... I hate this demon man that manipulates me like I'm some puppet... And I hate the fact I feel guilty over your sin." You sighed hopping up and grabbing your bag. "Come on, let's go-"

"Ma'am!!" The kiddo from before who asked you if you were gonna be ok handed you a donut. "Thank you for saving me and my little sister."

Your eyes watered as a small smile plastered onto your face. "You're welcome, Make sure to protect that sister of yours... Make sure she grows to be strong and independent, like you."

"Of course I will! I promise!" He said placing a fist over his heart. "Hope to see you again soon ma'am!"

"You too kiddo." You smiled slightly before leaving.

----

"Y/n's back!!!!!! Y/n's back everybody!" Everyone in the bar hooped and hollered at your arrival. Starting with ban's words.

"Y/n!" King hugged you tightly and your face flushed a bright red as soon as you realized it was him. "...You should probably change into different clothes.." you noticed his face become a bashful shade of red as he realized your clothes were shredded to bits in whatever battle you had previously been in.

"Y/n!!!" You heard a high pitched squeal. You looked around recognizing the voice but not finding the source. "I'm down here!!" You looked to your foot and found a tiny pig, the one you knew as hawk.

"How did you get so tiny, hawk?" You asked.

"What do you mean?! You were there when it happened?" Hawk said.

"Was I? Hawk you must be mistaking me for someone else... I don't remember that at all..." You mumbled putting hawk down. You walked over to the window of the boar hat. All eyes were on you at that very moment. "Did... I do something bad?"

"What are you talking about?! You helped us save liones!" Elizabeth said. You thought about talking for a second and then you lifted your hand to your head.

"That wasn't me. That was whatever this is." You said tapping your arm. "That's why I don't remember it.. because I didn't have control of my brain... It felt like I was drowning, in a pool of my own blood."

"You're saying the demon controlled you?" Meliodas asked. Your head lifted.

"I know his name, but for some reason I feel as though if I say it, he'll know." You said.

"He'll? It's a guy?" King asked.

"Yeah I thought we already talked about this in the woods that one night?" You said.

"Oh, yeah.. I guess I spaced it." He laughed nervously. "So you don't remember anything since... When?"

"Since your fight with Helbram....." You paused. "His name, was Helbram.. I didn't know that before blacking out."

"So you remember something's, but you don't have the intact memories." Ban sighed.

"Huh? Did something happen that I should know about?" You asked looking around at the sins. Diane being outside the window. Everyone had a slightly sad expression, or disappointed.

"It doesn't matter! We just fought in a war with a demon and saved liones!" King smiled, everyone looked at him with pity. You paused looking at him for a second.

"You almost died." Ban said everyone glared at ban. "I thought you were dead, you stabbed yourself with your blade emitting a poison that you had ma-"

"-de with the roots from the fairy king's forest." You sighed. "I remember talking to the demon as I was passing in and out of consciousness.... He was talking to me about how it was all my fault for being too weak... I guess he's in my mind too much." You sighed. "He talked a lot about ban and king.. because in my mind I talk a lot about them."

"Y/n-"

"Nope, I wonder if I said his name he's come back... He hasn't spoken to me since i-" you paused. You grabbed a knife off the counter and cut into your arm. Red blood trickled down it. "-It looks like the demon blood was extracted with the poiso-" you paused. "How did you extract the poison??" Everyone looked startled but king looked flustered.

"Uh.... No one wants to volunteer to explain what happened?" Ban asked.

"Not it!" King said. "Definitely not it!" He went to fly away but you caught him by the hood.

"Alright, Meliodas, explain." You ordered.

"Why me?" He asked.

"Because you won't get embarrassed." You shrugged.

"Um... But I don't understand weird fairy magic." Meliodas said.

"So it was king." You laughed.

"Damnit!" Meliodas sighed. "Sorry king!!"

"...." King had a gloomy feeling looming over him.

"Did you use the materials in my bag!?!" You shouted.

"....Yes." king sighed. You paused. You had a sudden surge of memory.

"Oh god.." you fell over slightly. "Oh! Well that's awfully nice of you weird demon guy who no longer talks to me but gives me back half my memory back and not the OTHER half!!!!" You shouted at the ceiling.

"So you remember things now?" Ban asked.

"Mmhm, but I was unconscious during the time king saved me... So I'll probably never actually know what happened." You laughed netvosuly.

"Phew." King sighed making you laugh more.