fourteen

14: Unexpected visit

Jennie pov
I put the dishes into the dishwasher and cleaned the rest of the kitchen. When I was about to put some bowls back into the cupboard I got a text.

soo: we'll be coming home a bit later
soo: we met yoongi and some of the boys and they went to get boba with us

I put my phone back into the pocket of my sweats and placed the last bowl into the cupboard.

At first, I wanted to go shopping with them but I didn't feel well so I decided that it would be better if I stay at home and rest.

But seeing Jisoo's message made me kind of regret not going with them.

Maybe Taehyung is with them and I just blew a chance to see him again, I thought.

I stopped in my motion and shook my head. I needed to stop thinking about him.

He had been on my mind too much lately and I hated it. Even the tiniest thing reminded me of him, making me smile like a fool.

My phone vibrated a second time and when I saw who had texted me I sighed. Speaking of the devil.

pup: are you at home rn??

j: yess

pup: then can you come outside for a min?

I furrowed my eyebrows and leaned against the kitchen counter.

j: what for?

He received my message but did not read nor answer it. I was getting nervous and somehow curious.

I took a quick look into the mirror and put on a cap and my shoes and hurried down to the ground level.

I left the building and looked around. I didn't know what I was searching for but I was searching for something.

Someone got out of their car on the other side of the street and when I took a closer look I recognized the familiar figure.

Taehyung jogged over the street until he was standing right in front of me.

We didn't say anything and just looked at each other perplexed.

"Hey", both of us said at the same time, making us burst into smiles.

"What are you doing here?", I asked after putting on a more serious face.

The boy shrugged and showed me his boxy smile. "I don't know. I just... wanted to see you, I guess."

My face flushed at his words and I shifted my weight from side to side.

"Do you- wanna come in? My members aren't at home", I asked shyly, forgetting that I actually wanted to appear confident in front of him.

He accepted my invitation and together we entered the building.

I closed the door of our apartment behind him and walked into the living room, throwing the cap on the couch.

"Your apartment is really nice", he mumbled as he followed me into my room.

I replied with a simple "Thanks" and sat down on my bed. He closed my door and just stood in the middle of my room.

Both of us didn't know what to do in this situation so we just stayed silent.

"Y'know", he started, "the reason why I'm here is that this is the first evening in a few weeks we had nothing scheduled. And I told you that I would text you the next time I was free, so I did."