Oikawa x F!Reader Soulmate AU

*Where finding your soulmate is a big game of hot and cold. The father you are from them, the colder. The closer you are, the hotter. Once you find your soulmate, you feel the normal temperature outside.*

~~~

"Hey, (Y/n)," Suga caught your attention. "Are you cold?" He asked her.

They were walking home together, and he noticed that she was shivering a lot. It was actually quite hot outside, but it's not like she could tell. Suga had already met his soulmate, Daichi, so he felt the actual temperature outside.

(Y/n) shrugged. "Yeah, but it's always been like this." She laughed. "I'm always cold." She pulled her scarf up a little higher so it would cover her nose. It was absolutely terrible being far away from her soulmate. She could only hope that she would find them soon.

Suga frowned. "Who knows?" He started, "We're going to Aoba Johsai this week for a practice match."

"And what about it?" She asked.

"You've never been there before..." He trailed off, thinking she would get it.

"And...?" She exaggerated.

Suga huffed. "Wow, you're really bad at this. They could be at Aoba Johsai." He told her.

(Y/n)'s face lights up like a Christmas tree. "Oh my god, Suga!" She jumped a little. "What if my soulmate is someone from Aoba Johsai." She repeated.

Suga just laughed at her reaction. (Y/n) continued to ramble on who it could be and what it would be like to feel the heat outside. Suga listened the whole time, adding comments here and there, and before they knew it it was time for them to go their separate ways to get home.

~~~

(Y/n) was unbelievably nervous.

Today was the practice match with Aoba Johsai. And she had this feeling in the pit of her stomach that something was going to happen today. She hadn't decided whether or not this was a good or a bad feeling, but she prayed that today she would find her soulmate.

Nobody, but Suga knew why she was on edge today. Everyone had noticed, but they weren't going to comment on their manager's weird behavior.

After the warm-up they did in their gym, they all loaded the buses and (Y/n) sat in the seat across from Suga and Daichi. Of course she wanted to sit next to her best friend, but he wanted to be by his soulmate, which was completely fine. So she just sat across from him.

The closer they got to Seijoh, the more on edge it put (Y/n). She couldn't decide if her body temperature was rising or she was just overreacting. But all of a sudden, she realized that she had never felt like this before. She wasn't freezing her butt off.

The world seemed to stop moving as the bus pulled into the parking lot. For the first time in her life, she didn't feel the need to wear her scarf that she always had with her. She wasn't cold.

Her soulmate was somewhere close. (Y/n) tried to make it seem like nothing was wrong. She didn't want her team to be distracted by her. She would figure this out on her own.

She quickly excused herself from the team, explaining how she had to go to the bathroom. She didn't miss the look Suga gave her before she left, but (Y/n) quickly left, not wanting to be caught.

She walked all around the school, trying to head to the places where she felt warmth. But it was proving to be more difficult than she thought.

Stomping her foot on the ground, (Y/n) jutted out her bottom lip when she was led to the gym. Are they a volleyball player?

Opening the door, she decided to continue her search after the match. She was gone for a long time and didn't want anyone to worry. Once she got back, Suga looked at her with a big smile, wondering if she found anything. She sadly shook her head. He gave her a sad smile before heading back to practice.

(Y/n) headed over to Coach Ukai and apologized for taking so long. He brushed it off, saying that she's here now so it's fine.

(Y/n)'s eyes roamed around the gym, trying to see if anyone stood out to her. But sadly no one did. The game was about to start soon and since only 1 manager could be on the court at once, (Y/n) went up to the stands. She sat with Yachi and waited for Aoba Johsai to head onto the court.

The second the door opened, (Y/n)'s world changed forever. She knew. Her heart felt like it was about to come out of her chest as she stared at Oikawa. It's him. He was her soulmate.

"Umm, (Y/n)? Are you alright?" Yachi asked.

She quickly nodded and changed her attitude. But this proved to be one of the hardest challenges she's ever faced. She wanted nothing more to go over to him and say hi.

During the match, she never took her eyes off of him. Watching him was like a drug she couldn't get enough of. But then, she started to notice how he never once looked her way, or even seemed bothered for that matter.

*

After the match was over, (Y/n) immediately rushed out of her seat to go talk to Oikawa. She watched as he walked out of the gym, and she quickly sneaked out to go follow him. She may have seemed a little creepy, but she wondered why he wasn't doing anything. There was no doubt about it. Oikawa was her soulmate. She felt warmth as she got closer to him, and cold when he walked away.

(Y/n) had followed him all the way to the bathroom inside the school. Following the warmth, she hid behind a wall when she heard him talking. Oh god, his voice is so sexy. But who is he talking to? Soon followed the voice of another girl and (Y/n)'s body went rigid. Please don't be what I think it is...

There were some people who never listened to the rules of soulmates and went off and did things with people who weren't their soulmates. (Y/n) had promised herself that she would never be one of those people, but she completely forgot about her soulmate. It never even crossed her mind that they might be involved with someone already.

Peering around the wall, (Y/n) watched as her soulmate kissed some other girl. She was leaning against the wall as Oikawa's hands tenderly held her face as he kissed her.

(Y/n)'s brain froze as she witnessed the scene before her. She took a couple steps backwards before breaking out into a full sprint back to the gym. The tears came on instinct and her body only got colder as she ran away. Why? Why did this have to happen?

She didn't stop running until she ran into something. Well, more like someone. She looked up to see Suga. She was short of breath from running so fast and her crying didn't help.

"Hey (Y/n)- wait hey." He was quick to wrap her in a hug. "Are you okay?" He asked. He felt her shake her head. "What happened?"

(Y/n) took a step backwards, walking out of Suga's hug. "I thought that soulmates were destined for each other." She hung her head low, embarrassed. "So why do they go around kissing other people?"