Tsukishima x F!Reader

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone reading this. I just started writing this because I was bored. I had no idea that this many people would read it. Thank you so much <3

And don't worry, more updates later today. Its currently 5:24am and I have not been to bed haha

"Hey, Tsuki. Wanna study at my place after practice?"

"Not today."

"Tsuki~" She cheered happily as she had skipped up to him. "Wanna go to the movies with me this weekend?"

"I already have plans."

"Oh... okay." She said it with a smile on her face. How was he supposed to know?

~

"(Y/n) sure seems to be having a lot of fun lately," Nishinoya brought up at practice.

Suga immediately glared at the libero. "Noya," He said in a scolding tone.

Noya turned around and saw Tsukishima standing behind him. "Oh sorry, Tsuki. I didn't see you there."

Tsukishima didn't respond as he continued to practice.

Everyone at Karasuno probably has heard about them by now. They were childhood bestfriends and when (Y/n) finally mustered up the courage to ask him out their first year of middle school, he said yes.

At the time, Tsukishima didn't think much of it. They would still be best friends, just do a little more than what best friends do. They started to hold hands and even kiss. It didn't really bother Tsuki, and it made him happy seeing (Y/n) happy.

In their 3rd year of middle school, he started to realize that it was kind of a drag to be a boyfriend. (Y/n) expected him to remember every time they had a minor anniversary, to kiss her a lot more than he wanted to, to hang out with her. Of course they hung out all the time, but Tsuki wanted his time alone.

Finally he learned to tell her no. That's when he saw her smile and told him it was okay to want to spend time alone, and how she wished he would've told her sooner. If he's not happy then neither is she.

Tsukishima eventually started to take advantage of this. Then they started highschool. Luckily, for (Y/n), they were going to the same highschool.

(Y/n) never got upset when Tsuki declined her invitations to hang out with her. She smiled. How was he supposed to know that she was upset. People don't smile when they're upset.

It was to the point where Tsukishima just stopped talking to her. It was always (Y/n) initiating every conversation. He didn't even realize it.

So walking into the gym, expecting to start volleyball practice, and seeing (Y/n) a crying mess, was the last thing he expected. Why is she crying?"

He got glares from a lot of the members on the team. He looked over a Yamaguchi, looking for an explanation. Yamaguchi dragged Tsuki back out of the gym and started to explain what was happening.

"To be honest no one really knows, but I have an idea. But it started when she walked into the gym. There were only a few of us in there. She looked really upset. Then out of nowhere she just started crying. We tried to ask her what's wrong, but she just brushed us off." Yamaguchi explained.

"Well what do you think happened?" Tsuki asked.

"I don't think you really want to know." Yamaguchi fiddled with his hands.

"I wouldn't have asked then."

"Okay- well, umm... I think she's upset because of you." He rushed out.

"That's impossible." Tsuki tried not to show how shocked he was. There was NO way he was the cause of this.

"It was just an idea. Maybe you should ask her."

"If it's that bad, she'll come talk to me." Tsuki told him. Yamaguchi didn't say anything to that. He looked at the ground for a second before they headed back into the gym.

(Y/n) was no longer crying. She still looked upset though. She looked like she was waiting for Tsuki to say something. But he just started to practice.

(Y/n)'s bottom lip started to quiver again before she told Coach Ukai that she wasn't feeling well and heading home. Now they were down a manager.

All the boys looked at Tsuki, waiting for him to say something. He just shrugged it off. She would tell him eventually.

~

The next time they talked, (Y/n) broke up with him. Tsuki was confused, and started babbling about how this was coming out of nowhere. That only seemed to make her upset. Then she went off on him. Yelling about how he was insensitive, any human should have known that she was upset about the way he was treating her. She wasn't some toy you could pick up just because you wanted to play and then throw away when you got bored of it.

That day, Tsuki lost his girlfriend and best friend.

~

(Y/n) moved on from Tsuki and acted mature about the situation. Of course, anybody could see the sadness that rested behind her eyes. Being treated like that hurt her more than she thought it would.

From that day forth, (Y/n) started rebuilding herself. Her smiles started becoming more genuine, and her whole mood just seemed to shift.

Then, she met him. Her current boyfriend.

At first she had politely declined, saying that she didn't think she was ready for a relationship right now. But this guy was persistent. He started walking her to and from volleyball practice. He would walk her home and to school in the morning.

Before she even realized it, (Y/n) fell for the guy and the next week they announced they were dating. She realized that she was happy when she was around him. Unlike with Tsuki. She knew that Tsuki would find some way to blow her off, but this guy would make plans. He would even go out of his way to bring her little gifts.

~

So now the two have been dating for almost 3 months. And it was only now that Tsuki had missed all the things you did for him and the little things about you that made him happy.

Of course he just pushed down all these feelings and acted like this whole thing hadn't bothered him. He could only ask for one thing.

That you were happy with this guy. Not the 'happy' you were with him. He wanted you to have the world, because you deserved it.