chapter 10 ♣DAY 1 Anticipation Of Arousal

She woke up with a start. She was at the beach. How did she get here? Raven wondered. She'd gone to sleep on her bed, how did she wake up on a beach? No. This was a dream. She willed herself to sleep again. Next time she woke up, she was going to wake on her bed. Everyone was opposed to change, but she more than opposed, she dreaded it. Her life existed on control. She wasn't always the only child of her parents. There was a time her mother had gotten pregnant again, but the child was born dead, or like the doctors used — 'stillborn'. Because of something she'd done; when she was younger. Because of her recklessness. And since that day, she'd swore to curb her errant nature. Mikhail Constantinovich, whoever he was couldn't disturb or destroy her carefully controlled life now. Feeling the breeze coming from the sea on her face, she finally drifted up to sleep, smiling, preparing to wake up next, in her bed.

Few minutes later, she opened her eyes, to see herself on a piece of wood, standing in the middle of a raging storm, right in the middle of the ocean! Oh my god! She was going to fall. A huge wind swept past her, almost toppling her off the wood, and she screamed. Fuck! She was going to die! She couldn't swim.
Another wind coming from the opposite side, blowing her right off her feet and she slips, screaming...

"Arrrghhhhh!" Rave screamed, thrashing on the bed, instantly waking up, to see Charlotte shaking her

"Hey Rae! Rae wake up! Thank God. You have been screaming all bloody night girl! I could hear you all the way from downstairs!" Charlotte admonished, drawing Raven into her arms and rocking her

"I'm sorry Char. I had a bad dream" Raven replied in a manner of apology, remnants of sleep still clouding her eyes and voice.

Breaking free from Charlotte's arms, she got out of bed, leaving the room entirely

"Where are you going?" Charlotte called out

"To go look for where I can get myself a decent cup of coffee" Rae muttered, walking towards the kitchen, with Char at her heels, following her.

Rae put the coffee machine on, when she got to the kitchen, getting two cups, knowing Charlotte would want one as well. Heck! It was just 4 am in the morning. They shouldn't even be awake. But today was Saturday, the first day of 'SDOS', as she and Charlotte had tagged it. 'Seven Days of Sin' it was supposed to mean. She irrevocably found she could not sleep!

"You want to tell me about it?" Char finally asked, when they were seated on stools, drinking their coffee

Rae sighed. "I had a dream that I drowned, because I feared change. And Mikhail Constantinovich is going to be the course of that change"

Rae had started having this dream since the first day she'd met Mikhail, four days ago. And every time, she always saw herself walking on a piece of wood, in the middle of a raging ocean. Right in the middle of a storm; and it felt like she was going to fall. And she couldn't swim.

Seven days of the utmost sins. She was terrified. She was surrendering to the unknown. She'd never done that before. She existed on control, and to unleash that to someone else, would be devastating. She was afraid her body was going to shatter, war and say it had needs. She was afraid she wasn't going to be able to keep her body in a tight leash, and under control, after this. Or that She was not going to be able to put the pieces back together. One thing was sure though: She was never going to remain the same again. She was going to be scarred beyond repair. Day one began today, And she Raven, was going to either Sink or swim. Was she prepared?"