chap 4 ♣ The Discovery(ii)

A couple of seconds later, her father came in.

"Hey baby girl"

"Hey Dad" she brightened, standing up and coming over to hug him, gazing at the first face she'd ever fallen in love with, as a little girl. Sure, it was older and more worn out now, but it was still the same. It held the same love, it smiled the same way - crookedly, with all dimples, one corner edging up.

"Dad, you didn't have to come all the way here. You could have called. I could have sent a driver. Heck I could have come over even, if that was what you wanted. I don't want you exerting yourself so much, unnecessarily. You've added more white hairs in the past year, since we've last thing"

"Age does that to you, I should think, not exertion Rae. Plus it was not a bother. I enjoyed my trip. When you've got a daughter who's too busy to see her parents, well the parents come see her instead"

"That's not true. I've been busy. Works been..." She defended

"It's okay hun. I wasn't insinuating anything.... Your mom and I understand."

"Now I feel bad. Maybe you guys should have thought of having more children. Apparently one wasn't enough. I don't show the both of you as much love as I ought to  Peharps you should adopt" Rae suggested

"Or peharps you should move closer. I know we've had this conversation before"

"Yes we have Dad. There's no Standford bank in Connecticut. And I've built so much here. I can't just give it all up, and start again. I finally have my whole life under control. I can't risk it and start over."

"Yeah, I know baby girl. I can see that. It was worth asking again though. But that's not why I'm here. May we sit down?"

"Yeah, sure. Forgive my terrible hospitable skills"

"So what's up?" She asked, as soon as they seated.

"I've gotten myself in trouble again Rae." He muttered, suddenly looking so forlorn and lost. Dejected

She tried to laugh it off. "That's the Dad I know. Is there a day you don't get in trouble? What's it this time around? We'll work it out together. Ah, if I knew that was the reason you were coming here, I'd have stopped you. We could have discussed it over the phone"

"No. This is worse. I had to say this in person. I'm sorry Rae. I'm so so sorry. I didn't know. I didn't know it was going to be like this" Tears slid down his eyes. In her twenty five years of existence, she'd never seen her father cry.

"Daddy what's wrong? You're scaring me. What's wrong? I won't know if you don't talk" she was confused now

"I messed up bad. So you know your mom was always talking about moving to a bigger house."

"Yeah, yeah. Since forever. I offered to give you a part of the money, to build it but you refused" Raven reminded, wondering why he was bring that up

"I finally decided to start the building last year. Right after you last came to visit us. I wanted to build it in time for her sixthieth birthday this year. As a surprise gift. But I didn't have the funds to accomplish that feat. So I went ahead and borrowed."

"From who? The bank? If money's the issue, I can give you the money. If I have to request six months of my salary in advance, to provide the money, I will." Raven tried to soothe, thinking she'd found the root cause to the problem. It was a money problem

"No Rae. Not from a bank. I didn't get the money from a bank. Uh.... it's some sort of organization. They called themselves The Merchants. They buy and sell everything. From dead things to living beings. They didn't borrow me that money. They sold it to me. You...you know the Order Of Machiavelli right?" He babbled out, so many things at once

"Holy shit! Was that who you borrowed money from Dad? Bloody Dominikov fucking Machiavelli?" She almost got up from her chair, shocked! Please God no...

"No, no. I just said they're called The Merchants, were you not listening? They are an organization that operates under the blessings and wings of The Order Of Machiavelli. The leader of The Merchants is a council member in the Order Of Machiavelli"

"And you borrowed money from a man this well connected and dangerous? Why? How? How did your paths even come across?!"

"Well, I'm not too old to have a few connections of my own. His name is Mickhail Constantinovich"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HEY GUYS!...♥😍😘😜🙈

so I was able to drop another chapter of SEVEN DAYS OF SIN (SDOS)

Pardon any typo errors, this is the first draft, I won't have the time to edit yet, until I'm done with the novel. But if you see anyone you can kindly point them out to me, in the comment section. It would be immensely appreciated.

I've decided to be updating SDOS every weekend. So a chapter every week, or 2 chapters if I'm feeling up to it, or wasn't so busy that week...

So please, if you liked this chapter, don't forget to

VOTE!!
Click the empty start below, at the lower part of this chapter, on your phone.

•It's just a single star, but it goes a long way to show me how much you appreciated the chapter, and the story as a whole.

•Even if you're a silent reader, it really doesn't take much to hit the empty star! Thanks a lot!😜

COMMENT!!!
This is just as important as voting, ergo, even more important, peharps.

• Comment on parts of the chapter you loved, changes you peharps want me to effect, or what you just generally loved about the story. It's really really appreciated. And it shows me that, alright Esther, there are people out there who are genuinely reading your works, and genuinely love it.

• If it's a criticism you wish to chip in, that's fine too. As long as it's useful and constructive.

FOLLOW!!!!
Alright, so this is just as important as well. You tap on my profile from the story, and go hit the follow button to follow me, if you genuinely liked the work, or wish to learn more about me, the author.

•Also, by following me, you get to always be alerted on your page, whenever I post a new chapter update on any of my works, including this one!

Hey! hey! Before you go, where you just going to leave like that?
Have you VOTED yet?
Pls do so before you leave!

BYE BYE!!!!😜😜😜