¦BOOK II¦- 26~ Mikhail Constantinovich 1

"Excuse me?" She couldn't believe the man

"Excuse me?" She couldn't believe the man. He had fucking balls!

"The body you've raved on and on about, it's not yours. It's mine. It's been mine since the first day I met you. I'm a busy man, Raven. You've always known that. I guess I should apologize for the fact that I haven't called—"

"You guess?"

"Raven one more impudent word from you, and I will take a flight this very minute, just to get to where you are, and remind you once more about the man you fell in love with" he warned darkly, his voice having so strong an effect on Raven, that she started having the innate feeling to want to shut up,
... keep quiet.
... let the matter go.
... Do everything in her ability to always please him.
... Do everything he asked.
... Don't get him angry.

Yes, his voice had such blinding effect, on anyone that crossed its path. He didn't just feign dominance. It elicited from the core of his very being.

But no, not this time. This time, they were at war. And all the emotions she was feeling inside, certainly wasn't strong enough reasons to stop her from giving the bastard a more-than-deserved piece of her mind.

"The man I fell in love with? Wow, congratulations, you've got fucking balls. I guess the next minute, you'll also tell me that I should be grateful as well, that just for me, you'll inconvenience yourself by taking a public flight, instead of the usual private planes you're accustomed to, just to give Daddy's little girl a sound trashing. But you see, I wasn't the one who even left Philadelphia in the first place Mick. You were. That's your problem, not mine." She would not cry. No she won't. But she was getting dangerously close to. She guessed the rumors were true after all. A pregnant woman had a lot of emotions, and then some extra, running all over the place. Damn hormones! They always chose to exert themselves in the most distressing of situations.

"Raven, do not dare cry. I don't know why you feel you need to, but do not dare cry." she heard him back the instant instruction from over the phone. It was like he had a sixth sense or something.

"Why? What does it matter to you?" she sniffed, the déjà vu hitting her, about the first time Mikhail and her had met on a phone call over a year ago, and how just the same way, he'd ordered her not to cry.

"I will not be on a phone, thousands of miles away, and watch the woman that I love, cry on the other end of the call, and be so helpless, that I can't do anything about it. Do not put me through that Raven... Please. I couldn't bear it" He voice rose in utter anguish, from the other end of the call, and yet the same voice having such a soothing feeling, that they instantly worked like magic, in calming Raven's frayed nerves down.

But she was still going to put in the last retort, he still wasn't out of the woods yet, for the way he'd behaved the past few weeks.

So with deadly calm, she continued, the urge to cry had thankfully subsided to a great extent.

"Then you ought to have won a medal by now Mikhail. A medal for doing nothing. Because that's what you've been doing for the past two weeks, when it comes to me. Heck, I've cried countless times in two weeks, than I have in the entire year alone, and the only thing you have done, is nothing. Not that I count on you to do any bloody thing in the first place. As a matter of fact, half the tears had been because of you, and so would today's own have been, if they'd fallen unto my cheeks. Goodbye Mikhail" Raven ended the call, before she could hear him say another word.

Less than a minute later, she slowly brought her hand to pat her cheeks, and found them wet.  The tears had begun falling down after all.

She really didn't know why she was even crying. The events of the last two weeks were once more getting to her.

She switched off both her phones, to make sure no one else was going to call her tonight, because she was honestly really tired. Tomorrow was her birthday, she needed to gather up her strength for it.

The last thing her pain-filled, anger clad mind, remembered was that 'Mikhail had forgotten to wish her a happy birthday.'
Or perhaps she'd cut him off, before he could.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

On the other end of the call, Mikhail slowly put down the receiver, and bowed his head into his hand, lost in thoughts.

God Raven! She was stubborn. So... Stubborn. Infuriatingly so. And it'd broken him, as nothing else had, that he wasn't there right now, holding her in his arms, telling her how much he loved her..... missed her.

One didn't get to where he was today, without being a thoroughly observant man. And in just that one phone call, he'd most certainly observed a lot of things about her, simply through her voice alone.

His first observation was that: She was very tired... Sleepy even. He'd most likely called really late. He hadn't bothered to calculate the time difference between their two countries. He'd just being that eager to call.

A/N: There really is no end to your amazing-ness

A/N: There really is no end to your amazing-ness. Is there? I want to say a heartfelt thankful, for making this book achieve another million reads you guys, in the space of a month. Even with my inconsistencies in updating this book.

And for that, as a thank you gift, I'm dropping a three-chapter series today, on Mikhail Constantinovich Part1, Part2, and Part3.

See you in the next part! Don't forget to vote, comment, follow me❤️