¦BOOK II¦- 14~ Meeting Raphael

"There are seven deadly sins, Miss Edens

"There are seven deadly sins, Miss Edens. Which of them happens to fall under, as your Achilles heel?" Vivienne was greeted to the rich, velvety sound of Raphael Constantinovich's voice, that sounded just as fucking amazing as the voice of any other young, rich billionaire out there.

"I'm sorry?" she stopped short, just right at her door. The guy hadn't even turned around to face her yet. He kept on staring right out her window.

"I take it you are a Christian, yes? The Bible acknowledges seven deadly sins. Gluttony is one of them. A wanton desire, to overindulge oneself, especially in the area of food, and eating" he finally turned to face her, and men was he gorgeous. "According to James Howell, the gluttons dig their own graves with their teeth"

Raven inhaled briefly in shock. He seemed so young, not as old as Mikhail, Raven was forced to compare. Didn't look as ruthless, but there was definitely a long strain of ruthlessness in that face. A man used to getting the things he wanted, the hard way, with no remorse at all. He certainly wasn't as tall, or muscled as Mikhail either, though he still towered over Raven's smaller frame.

"Pride" Raven finally blurted out, not knowing at all where he was going with this conversation, but at the same time, not wanting to appear like a complete moron by not saying anything. "An inflated sense of one's accomplishments. That's another one, is it not?" Raven asked, cocking her head. She instantly racked her head, for any popular person she knew, who'd given any quote at all about pride, her mind taking her far to a long line of history lessons taught to her at a younger age. And boom! She found one. "And according to Voltaire, we are rarely proud when we are alone"

After a few seconds of heartbeat, Raphael broke out into a full-on smirk, his eyes gleaming, as he walked over and sat down on Raven's Office Chair, leaving Raven standing, and facing him, her arms clasped in front of her

"Sloth. Exhibiting laziness and lack of effort, in doing anything. Bodie Thoene rightly says that What is right, is often forgotten by what is convenient" he batted at her, not missing a beat.

Raven gulped, with difficulty. Was this some sort of test? A memory down history lane? Who was this guy? This was her office dammit! And she was accounts manager at a bank, not some godamn dictionary of information.

But what pricked her the most, was his voice. Cool. Calm. Composed. Unaffected. It was mesmerizing at best, and intriguing. It drew you in. When he talked, it didn't look like he was talking about history, even though he was. It felt like he was dishing out a line out of Shakespeare, to mesmerize and enchant you, a slow seduction of words. Not that Raven was looking for a seduction.

After a few seconds of thinking, and composure, she finally replied him. "Greed. The excessive desire for material things. According to Seneca, To Greed, All Nature Is Insufficient".

Raven finally went to sit at the opposite chair, across the desk. If he insisted upon doing this, then there was no way she was going to remain standing throughout the whole ordeal, Raven thought, eyeing Raphael's frame once more. He was on a Grey suit that fit his lanky frame perfectly. On a good day, she could have bypassed him as a professional dancer on Broadway. The blonde hair and blue eyes fit the dancer profile as well, that Raven had made up in her head. He was without a doubt, one of the most beautiful men Raven had seen. No hard lines, no hard edges. He was the kind of beauty magazines wanted. The classical one. The smooth faced one. No beard, no scar. The arrogant boyish beauty, splayed on money and a hot tuxedo.

"You sat? Why?"

"Excu-se me?" Raven reered back

"I didn't ask you to seat Miss Edens. I could walk out of Stanford Bank right now, and take my money elsewhere, from just that single act of defiance you just made against me"

Raven was for the first time, flustered, and at a loss for words, so she said the only thing she could think to say, since they were still having their history conversation. "Wrath. It's a dangerous thing Raphael. Don't you think? Just the same way I can slowly feel you slowly brimmering with anger, right across this desk. Wrath is Uncontrolled feelings of hatred and anger. I guess that's your Achilles heel. You like to control the women around you that much? That they'd have to ask you for permission first, before they sat? Well, according to Benjamin Franklin, Whatever Is Begun In Anger, Ends In Shame".

Two could certainly play his game.

He finally smiled. A full on smile

"Oh you're certainly good Miss Edens. I'll give you that. An uncanny ability to tactfully retreat out of difficult and trying situations. That still does not mean however that I'm no longer angry, or that I still will not walk out of here any minute, with my billions. "

Raven gasped

AUTHOR'S NOTE

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I know. You guys probably want to crucify me in your beds right now, and you'd be well within your rights to do so. I have been more than slack, in updating this book, for a few weeks now.

But I am not without reason, or cause. 😂. A lot of things have actually been going on in my life lately. So wattpad had to be placed in a corner.

I picked up an all consuming, energy needing, time demanding skill, that takes up literally all my day, and sometimes my nights, just to catch up. A couple of skills actually, not just one. And this quarantine period is my best time to learn them, otherwise I may never have this sort of free period to learn them again. And one of those skills, is playing the guitar.👌

But back to wattpad, and this book, I have 3 ongoing works here on Wattpad, that I'm trying so hard to update every week.
[💘Seven Days Of Sin]
[💘The Order Of Machiavelli]
[💘Gentlemen Of The Court]

So this means that I can no longer afford to give double updates weekly on SDOS. I can as from now on only be giving single updates, on Mondays only.

Because I also have to update my two other ongoing books, every week.

But there might be some Mondays, where I'm strengthened enough, to give multiple updates, not just one. So don't despair. There are no rules that say I must drop just one chapter every Monday. Could be two, could be three. But yes, just Mondays, no other days as from now on, till the book finishes.

But you can head over to read Gentlemen Of The Court, my latest novel, which I'd be updating weekly as well, if you wish to see more of me, and more of my writings.

Goodluck! Till next Monday... 🌸