Chapter 22

88888

Chapter 22:

Off arrived at the island resort they were holding the 'family reunion/his parent's anniversary celebration' at late Saturday night. He would be stuck there until the following Saturday afternoon without Gun. Why? Not because his parents hadn't wanted the other man there, no they had invited him! No, Gun hadn't come because the last family function he'd attended his asshole cousin had made more than one fucked up comment and Off had finally had enough, lost his cool and according to Gun 'caused a scene'.

"I'm not playing any part of ruining your parent's anniversary celebration because your cousin is a close-minded jerk and you cause a scene." Gun had insisted as he pushed the perfectly wrapped gift into Off's hands. "Tell Mae and Por that I have to work and I'm sorry to miss the week with them. Make sure to give this to them." He instructed with a fierce look on his face. Off had lost before he could even make an argument and he hated that.

His mother met Off at the entrance to their cabana as he was helped by the staff with his bag. "My Son! You made it." Leaning in she kissed him and hugged him and then frowned noticing one bag and no Gun. "Jumpol, where is Gun?"

Sighing he picked up the gift and passed it over to her, he hated lying to his mom. "Gun had some work to do Mae. He couldn't make it." Off swore was going to kill his cousin for this, when he saw the sad look on his mother's face and remembered the hurt in his Baby's eyes. "I'm going to clean up before supper." He took his bag and headed for the empty room.

Flopping onto the bed Off took his cell out and instantly messaged Gun letting the other know he arrived at the resort and had given his mom the gift but she hadn't opened it. He also notified Gun that she was disappointed that his Shorty hadn't come with him. Gutting up the tall actor gathered some things from his luggage and went to have a shower and change before the evening meal.

In the main room of the cabana, the woman holding the neatly wrapped gift looked down at it frowning before going to find her husband. She placed the gift in front of him, right in the center of the table where he, his brother, his sister, and his brother's wife were all playing cards together. "This is from Gun. He didn't join us. He sent a gift in his place. Off is in his room." She gave a wickedly furious look to her in-laws and then a pained look to her own husband. "I'm going to lie down."

At first, there was confusion written of the faces of everyone at the table, at his wife's words he knew trouble was brewing and the look she gave his siblings didn't bode well. His son was very much his mother's child, a placid lake on the surface but teeming with life and so much more beneath. "Love, I'm sure..."

This time the furious glare was directed at him and his wife's tone was hard, "Don't worry, send word and both my son and I will be present for dinner." She picked up the gift and left the room."

Sneering slightly his sister in law questioned, "What on earth was that about? Is she sulking that Off didn't bring that boy of his along?"

Off's father's head snapped around looking at the woman wide-eyed before disapproval took over his face and he set his cards down face up making it clear he was done with the game. "Never let my son hear you call, Atthapan by those words. That young man is every bit a part of this family as you are. If that isn't something you can accept, you are more than welcome to leave. I don't believe Off or my wife will mind not having to pay to feed or pay for you to join us this week in exchange for having Gun with us." Standing he shook his head and looked at his brother. "I had hoped it was just your son repeating stupidity he'd heard from classmates, Nong."

"Phi! You can't tell me you approve of..." His brother gaped trying to defend both his own son and his wife.

"Oh yes, I can! My son's happiness and well being come before anyone and anything else." He finally thundered losing his temper. "The idea that you or any member of your family believe they have a right to judge Off or Gun and whatever relationship they do or do not have is beyond me."

His little sister stood rubbing his back sighing, "Phi, please calm yourself. This isn't good for your blood pressure! Sister won't be pleased if I have to go get your pills." The younger woman bit her lip. "Gun is a wonderful boy and he's been so great for Off both professionally and personally." She assured her brother sending her own glare at her sister in law when the woman went to open her mouth.

Shaking his head, the eldest of the three pressed a gentle kiss to his baby sister's cheek. "I'm going to talk to my wife and see how deep in the dog house I am for this fiasco and how I can fix it." He didn't say anything to anyone else as he left the room.

Off had showered and had his cell in hand messaging his Gun as he was coming down the hall when he heard his Auntie's words, he'd been about to storm in and give her a piece of his mind when he stilled. Listening to the exchange Off felt tears welling up, he only wished Gun had been there to hear the exchange. His parents loved him, supported him, wanted his happiness... even if that happiness meant being with a man.

"Gun?" He'd video called and was heading toward the door, hadn't even bothered to greet his Aunt's and Uncle as he passed and had actually flipped his ass hole cousin off as he passed him at the entrance to put his shoe's on.

"Papii?" Gun frowned as he asked looking at Off in surprise.

"Pack, I'm coming to get you, Baby. You are NOT disappointing Mae and Por on their anniversary and you are definitely not leaving me alone with these people unless you want to visit me in jail for murder." Gun's Papii glared when Gun started to speak as he exited the cabana. "No argument's Gun." He stated. "I'm leaving now. Pack and be ready to go when I get there. I mean it!" He hung up as he got into his car. Off was going to get his Baby and hopefully by the time their vacation was done, Gun would be his completely.

88888

A/N:

It's short, I know but I'm still trying to overcome writer's block. I'm bringing this book to a close. But fear not because I have plans for a new 'Effect' a follow up of sorts to go after and kind of expand on this. 😉 Thank you to those who started commenting recently and pushing for more. Your encouragement and comments helped me get back my desire to write! You're wonderful people and I love and appreciate you all!!! ❤❤❤❤

REMEMBER TO VOTE & COMMENT all encouragement will help bring the muses back faster!