Chapter 23

88888

Ch: 23

"I'm here, are you coming out or do I have to come in and drag you out?" Off asked over the line.

Shaking his head as he stared at his Papii who still vid called, knowing how Gun preferred them. "No, Papii, I'm already coming to you," Gun told the other even as he hung up and wheeled his suitcase toward Off. The elder got out of his car, putting the case away while Gun got into the passenger seat with his phone. Once they were on their way back to the resort and Off still hadn't explained himself Gun became frustrated. "Papii! Are you going to tell me what this is all about, or what?"

Reaching out Off linked his fingers with Gun's. He didn't take his eyes off the road but it took all his effort not to look over. "It's about you being part of our family and my parents wanting... me wanting you with us far more than we want my snotty aunt and he spoiled kid." The elder said his voice firm.

The smaller man swallowed and squeezed the older's hand and smiled even though he knew Papii couldn't see it. "Then that's where I'll be Papii." He said in a whispered voice and finally relaxed in the seat for the drive back. Luckily the rush hour had subsided and a full hour had been shaved from their return so they'd made it back just as dinner was being served.

Entering the cabana Off called out, "Mae? Por? I'm back!"

"My Son! Where did you go?" His mother asked as she got up from the table heading toward the entrance to scold her son. "Your Auntie and Uncle said you left passing by them and didn't even greet them and your cousin said something about a rude gesture."

"I went to pick up your present Mae." He grinned as Off saw his mother stop in the door of the entry hall and take him Gun as he was taking his shoes off and fussing with both of their's and huffing over Off having just kicked his own aside instead of putting them properly.

"Oh! Por, come here! It's the best gift!" She called out her voice full of joy. Rushing forward she hugged the younger man she'd come to consider he son. "I'm so glad you came." She told Gun as she leaned back cupping his face and kissing his forehead. "Thank you."

Coming to check on the fuss, Off's Por laughed his own smile lighting his face. "Well then, a gift indeed, my boy. Good job, I'd say making sure our whole family was here for our anniversary is a perfect gift." He told Off with a proud look in his eyes.

Off was just smiling happily but Gun was flushed and looking down shyly.

"Por! Uh, thank you for hosting me and having me for such an important occasion, Mae and Por." He gave a waii to both elders.

"None of that! You are family, you're our Off's and that makes you ours too." She scolded and Off's mother linked arms with her 'daughter-in-law' leading Gun to the dining room. "Well come on you two, dinner is just been served and I want to enjoy it while it's still hot." Off and his father followed both happy to see their love's obviously happy as well.

"Gun? How lovely of you to join us." Off's paternal Aunt smiled holding her arms open for a hug. Unlike her third elder brother and his wife she had no issues with Gun's place if Off's life. She found the young man quite refreshing and truly believed he'd been only a positive influence on Off's life. Off's father was her second brother and she had been surprised by how easily he'd defended and accepted Off and Gun's relationship as he'd always been a bit conservative in her estimation.

She was doubly shocked however when her first eldest brother not only stood but insisted everyone on their side of the table, which included middle brother and his wife as well as their snot of a son, shift down to accommodate Gun's place by Off's side. He had also stopped to hug the younger man. "Sister was so upset to have you missing from our family time. Don't do such things again, Off would have spent all his time moping as well. Next time I hear of it, I'll send Aunty after you." He warned but despite the serious tone there was teasing in his eyes.