-10

--
Author's note:
This chapter contains disturbing content. Read at your own risk. Enjoy!
--

[ 2 days later ]

"Listen to what? You ruined my dress!" I stated. "Go to school bruh, bye." Jun Myeon shooed me away, and I rolled my eyes, grabbing my bag. 

Walking out, I checked the time just to see I had only five minutes to reach school before I was late. I spotted Nara leaning on the wall, staring at the sky. She looked like she was overthinking about something.

"Hey," I smiled at Nara affectionately, ", I'm sorry your dad was murdered. How are you?" Nara immediately shook her head, "Thanks for the concern, Mins. I really really miss him."

"Me too, my favorite memory was when the two of you surprised each other for each other's birthday's and your mom's face when she realized." Nara laughed when she pictured the moment in her head. "Funny." She muttered with a grin. 

A moment of a heartfelt silence passed by and me and Nara stared at each other. We forgot the presence of school the second I pulled her into a warm hug. I knew she needed this more than anything. 

Her eyes closed when she hugged me back. "Thank you, but we are late!" She broke the hug, letting me see the tear glossing in her eyes. 

She looked like she never let a tear escape after the horrible news. Nara was bottling up her emotions, I could tell. My friend stared up at the sky, which was, controlling her tears, and focused on me. 

I wanted her to take a break from school for a while, and wanted to give her a lot of comfort, but I knew from the look on her face she was going to deny her mental health. Again.

Nara reached for my hand and interwined it with hers. We were late for school, I realized last minute. 

Before we turned to sprint towards our school, I froze. "That's your neighbor?" Nara's determination to reach school broke when she started to shamelessly check him, Jungkook, out. He was carrying a big plastic bag on his shoulder. There was a car in front of him and he put the bag in the back of his trunk.

What could it be?

Maybe just his old clothes. No no why do I care?

It was an awful situation when Jungkook's orbs contacted mine. He flashed me a playboy smile, and I was caught up in choosing to either run away with my best friend, or smile back and act like he never was strange. 

I bluntly smiled back with no choice and snapped my head to Nara. "Did he just smile at you!?" Nara cooed to me with a smirk, but I pulled her away from the presence of my neighbor. 

Surprisingly, we reached school right in time. Well, not surprising because we ran for our lives.

Something just doesn't feel right.

I was trying not to think about Jungkook and his mood swings during classes but I just couldn't stop. The teacher's phone rang just then and when he kept the phone down, he turned to me and said,

"The principal needs you Minseo."

Standing up, I walked out of the room and passed the corridors aimlessly. The whole place was entirely silent. I could not hear a tiny sound. 

I could not figure out the root of my switching emotions. 

I closed my eyes and tried to exhale once, while walking through the corridors. Not a single student roamed around. I mean obviously everyone is in class. But there was always this one bully who skips classes all the time. I would hear many say,