-19

--

Author's note:

This chapter contains sensitive topics such as murder and abuse. Read at your own risk. Enjoy!

--

[ 1 week later ]

"Then at least tell me what happened, will you? You just can't talk to me casually when you literally fainted the other day your 'hyungs' said it was my fault!" I stated and sighed, irritation clear with my actions. He sighed on the line and cut the call. I scoffed in frustration and turned back to the window.

'What?' I raised my hands, as I silently asked Jungkook. 

It has been a week since the incident had occurred and he has been trying to talk to me since. He has been trying to contact me a lot to talk about what happened that night. But me being stubborn refused his calls and texts, going to school and coming back with Nara, not even sparing a glance at him. 

Nara knew something was up between the neighbor and me, but she refused to ask. 

I knew I had to talk to him and ask him to open up to me about the incident but my mind seemed too adamant about it. It wasn't easy to do handle that part too. I'd have a talk with myself in my room about Jungkook and come up with conclusions but I also can't be that sure without knowing what he was exactly going through.

I finally got some courage to call Jungkook and be calm with his coming explanation, but he wouldn't talk. 

'Fine Minseo' Jungkook displayed what he wrote on the whiteboard to me through his window. 'Fine what?' I wrote back with my marker on the board and showed it to him. He glanced at me and erased what he wrote before and grabbed the marker again, scribbling something.

'Let's talk come over' It said.

My shoulders dropped. I frowned. His eyebrows lifted up in confusion as to why I suddenly looked like that.

'I'm dead meat if my roommate finds out' I wrote back in all caps. His eyes widened and he bit his inner cheek, annoyance growing inside him. I chuckled, 'I'll be there. Don't worry' and erased what I wrote, quickly glancing at Jungkook. 'I'm starting to hate your roommate.' His board said. I simply chuckled and closed the curtains.

Jun Myeon was being such a pain nowadays. He'd just never trust Jungkook. I could understand his over-protectiveness, it's just going overboard. 

Jungkook wasn't dangerous

Slowly, I tiptoed towards the living room after I closed my bedroom door, my phone in my hand tightly. I found Jun Myeon on the couch. His lips were slightly parted as he slept soundly. I watched him to make sure he wasn't awake and tiptoed towards the other side, glancing at the clock. 

It was 12 in the night. Wearing a pair of slippers, I silently turned the door knob, closing it back again and walked out.

The air was sweet and cold. I breathed in and out as I continued walking towards the opposite side of the road where Jungkook's house was located. I spotted Jungkook peeking out of the balcony, throwing his house keys down at me. I groaned when it hit my head, sharply. "Why can't you come down and open the door for me? Is this respect?" I scolded and picked the keys up from the ground, rubbing my head.

Jungkook rolled his eyes in response and said,

"Just get in!" while he continued to monitor my movements. "I can't believe your bum is so lazy. Seriously I feel bad for the girl who's gonna marry you!" I stated, pushing the keys inside as I twisted the door knob.