V. Preparing for the Union

Lord Matthew looked outside their manor to the place that The Higher Court lords assembled and most of the gentry were staying. The lord sighed as he was undoing his cravat as Lady Georgia was helping him out of the waistcoat. His wife was arching her eyebrow at him.

"What are you thinking about, dearest?" Lady Georgia was asking her husband. Lord Matthew turned to regard his Georgie before he was taking her hands into his.

"Do you think we're doing the right thing for Becca? Belikov is from The Higher Court. I don't want her to be in trouble," Lord Matthew stated before Lady Georgia was caressing his cheeks. He leaned into that touch.

"I'm scared for our daughter too, dearest," Lady Georgia stated as Lord Matthew was arching his eyebrow.

"I thought you would be overjoyed with this union?" Lord Matthew teased her before Lady Georgia was slapping his chest playfully. Lord Matthew chuckled.

"I am but I don't trust the Higher Court. You know their history," Lady Georgia stated as she was looking into his green orbs.

The ones that Becca inherited from him. And her black hair from his Georgie.

"I know. I know. But I hope she will not be involved in that," Lord Matthew stated as he was staring at the sprawling capital of Royal Molftus. Their manor was situated at the edge of the residency for The Higher Court lords but Lord Matthew never let his guard down.

He learned that the hard way.

"Come, dearest. We have to rest and maybe we can only hope that Becca was headstrong enough to face this," Lady Georgia stated as she was ushering Lord Matthew to the bathtub that was filled with lukewarm water. Lord Matthew chuckled before he was kissing his wife's neck.

"She is but I think we can put this conversation to rest now," Lord Matthew said as he was grazing his mouth on Georgie's neck. Lady Georgia sighed.

"Okay," she replied before Lord Matthew was grazing his teeth to the skin.

"Good, my dear," he whispered huskily before punching his teeth into his wife's neck and drank her blood for his fill that day.

*****

Becca sighed as she was at the seamstress' shop that her mother insisted to get her measurement for the wedding gown that she did not want in the first place. She tried to persuade her mother not to come here but it was an order from her father. And Becca never defied her father, so here she was being fitted by the seamstress as she was humming.

"What a wonderful figure that you have and you will look fabulous with this new design that I have in mind, just for you, dear," the seamstress, Lady Ivashkov was smiling at her as Becca was smiling, trying not to curse or do something unladylike in public.

For her mother's sake and her sanity as well.

"Can you believe it, Becca darling? You will be a Duchess. I cannot imagine what a life you would lead," Lady Georgia was stating as she was looking at her daughter. Becca was sighing before she was sucking on-air as the seamstress was pulling the lace of the corset too tightly.

"Can't...breathe," Becca said as she was trying to get the corset to loosen up as the seamstress was shocked to see Becca's pale face.

"Irrumabo! I am so sorry, dear. I did not notice that you are not breathing. I thought your body was not tight enough," Lady Ivashkov stated as Becca was smiling at her.

"No worries. I just hope that my wedding gown would not be that tight," she said sarcastically as the seamstress was laughing. The charming young woman was not getting her sarcasm.