Chapter 23~ Goodbye

Veronica
Saturday morning was shit. Janis and Cady were leaving. Janis had made a big impact on my home life since she temporarily moved in. I finished getting dressed and went downstairs. Janis had all her stuff packed and was ready to go, she wore the same outfit from the day I picked her up. I felt tears.

"Gosh, don't cry Veronica." Janis hugged me. I took a shaky breathe.

"Sorry." We laughed and I helped her bring her luggage to the car. I had to drop her off at school, a bus was going to come pick them up and bring them home.

Janis
Veronica pulled up to Westerburg, for the last time. I got out, everyone was there. We all waited quietly. Then the bus pulled up.

The driver got all the luggage and began to load it.

"Well I guess this is goodbye." I said. I have quick hugs to Damian, Gretchen and Karen since I would see them again soon. Then came the hard ones.

McNamara was the first to cry, she hugged me. "I'm going to miss you Janis."

"I'll miss you too." She pulled away and sniffled before going to Cady.

Duke said goodbye next. We hugged. "I'll miss you, you really impacted our friend group."

"In good ways I hope."

She laughed. "Of course."

Next was Chandler. She hugged me. "Please don't ever change who you are." She said and pulled away. I smiled at her.

Veronica was next. She was the one of hardest to leave. We hugged. Veronica was crying. "I'll miss you a lot."

"Same here."

"Please don't forget us."

"Of course." Veronica nodded and wiped her tears.

Then there was Regina. She was crying. I had never actually seen her cry.

"This sucks, we barely became friends again and now you're leaving." We giggled.

We hugged. "I'll miss you JJ."

"I'll miss you too Gina." I took one last shaky breathe before getting on the bus.

Cady
Goodbyes are always the hardest. Regina was first.

She gave me a hug. "Never stop being a boss. You got it?" I laughed and nodded.

Then were the Heathers, we weren't too close but they each hugged me and gave me a goodbye. Next were all my North Shore friends. They were quick hugs since I would see them soon. Then Veronica. She hugged me. "You don't need to change for a guy to like you remember that."

I laughed and nodded. "That would've been great advice a while ago." Veronica gestured behind me. Aaron was running up to me.

"Aaron?" I asked.

"Cady." And he kissed me. "Cady, what you did was really brave, I'm proud of you."

"I- thank you." I giggled.

"I'll see in 3 months."

"Three months." I assured. We hugged and I got on the bus and sat with Janis.

In the past few months I had gone from a homeschool jungle freak, to a plastic, to a monster to an actual real human being.

Me and Janis waved out the window to all our friends. This was the end of just one adventure that would continue on through the rest of highschool.

And I can't wait to see where it will all end.

~

The end