Chapter 31

Hero and I walk in the park. Bute Park will always feel like home to us. We've made so many memories here. His fingers are laced through mine and his thumb gently strokes the back of my hand. He smells so nice, so like himself that I snuggle a little closer. I put my head against his shoulder. It's a nice and sunny day. Sun is shining, birds are singing. He turns to me. His green eyes stare into mine and the butterflies go wild. Suddenly he frowns and stares at something or someone behind me. I turn around to see Melany. She has a huge belly. I turn to Hero but he's gone. I turn around again and he's standing next to Melany, his hands on her belly. I start screaming.

I wake up because of all the screaming. It takes a second to realise I'm the one making the sound. I shake my head, disoriented for a while. I flip on the light and look around. Just my room. I'm just in my room, alone. I'm breathing very fast and I put my head between my knees to calm myself down. My heart is racing and my head is pounding. Hero isn't here but somehow I can smell him. That's what made the dream so real this time. I've been having this nightmare ever since I found out about the baby. I've been waking up screaming every night. But it never felt so real afterwards. Then it dawns on me. I look down and I know why I keep smelling Hero. Josh accidently gave me one of Hero's shirts. It still smells like him. With tears in my eyes I jerk it off and throw it away. I really thought the alcohol would help me sleep just once. My head hurts because of the hangover. I take some aspirin out of my purse and swallow it down with the water Josh gave me. There's no way I'll be able to sleep after the nightmare. I look at my phone. It's five am, great. That means I've only slept for like two hours. I take the Harry Potter book from my nightstand and make myself comfortable. Somehow Harry is the only one who can calm me down after the nightmare.

A knock on the door brings me back from Harry's world.

"Just a second!" I get out of bed and quickly put on some pants and a hoodie before opening the door. It's Josh with two coffees.

"Good morning sunshine, I thought you might need some coffee." I laugh and let him enter.

"Don't take this the wrong way but you look terrible." He gives me an apologetic smile.

"Gee, thanks!"

"You're welcome!"

I take a sip of my coffee.

"Ahh, so good!"

"How is the hangover?" Josh asks.

"I didn't get much sleep so that kind of makes it worse. I had some aspirin when I woke up."

"Oh, I'm glad I didn't wake you up with my knocking!" He sounds relieved.

"No, I've been up for quite some time." I don't want to tell him about the nightmares. It's just really sad to have nightmares about a break up. I've been too obsessed with Hero. I need to detox.

"So, what are we doing today?" Josh puts down his coffee.

"Uhmm.. no idea." I haven't thought about it but I really don't want to be alone. I need to keep busy. Stupid day off.

"What about some breakfast downstairs?"

"I'm not sure. I don't want to face people."

"You'll have to at some point," he says with a soft voice.

"I know."

"You know what? Let me text Brody and Isabella. We can all have breakfast together!"

"Okay. I suppose that's okay."

"We're here to support you, trust me!" He smiles.

"Oh, I'll text Diego to meet us!"

"The catering guy?" Josh frowns. "Why?"

"Oh, I just want to find out if he likes Isabella or Brody. Would be fun!"

Josh laughs.

"Fine Cupid. Okay get dressed and I'll text the others."

"I should probably take a shower." I suddenly can smell the alcohol on me.

"I'll pick you up in half an hour!"

I don't feel like getting dressed but I also want to show that I'm done with this drama. I take the time to wash my hair and shave my legs. I put on a simple pink dress and put my hair in a messy bun. I look at myself. I have lost a lot of weight and because of the lack of sleep the circles under my eyes are darker than ever. I don't own foundation to cover it up to I just put on some mascara. It makes my eyes look less sleepy. Josh knocks on my door and walks me to the restaurant. My friends are waiting next to the entrance. I take a deep breath before I walk in.