Traitorous Heart

Allison POV
——————————

I felt amazing. Like nothing can stop me from feeling this happy. Feeling complete. I open my eyes and came face to face with a sleeping Damon. I smiled remembering the day we spent together.

I think I'm falling for him. It could be the mate bond. I'm not completely sure I just know that one day I'm going to have to face my fears and tell Damon what I feel for him.

I take this opportunity to look at Damon to really look at him for who he is. I couldn't help but brush a strand of hair from his face. I gently take in his dark brown black hair and his tan golden kissed skin.

How could I be so lucky but so cursed at the same time? Without think I move forward and kiss his cheek. As I move back his eyes shot open and his brown eyes that held a speck of gold in them. Look at me.

I see a smile creep up on his face and I try to hide my embarrassment as I look down. His fingers grip my chin and he brings his lips on mines before I could think.

I couldn't help it I kiss him back with everything I have. If breathing wasn't necessary I would stay like this forever. We broke apart and I blush.

Realizing something I get up from bed so fast that the covers were still in the air. I rush to the restroom and look at myself. Yup I was right. My hair look like a birds nest. And I really hope that my mouth does not stink. I didn't even want to know. I brush my teeth and hair.

Embarrassment was an overstatement for what I was feeling right now. I open the door to the restroom and shock to see that the bed was empty and I was left alone in my room. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel hurt. I take this time to grab a change of clothes. A black t-shirt and some ripped jeans. With some black converse.

I rush to the bathroom and put my clothes by the sink as I strip and head for the shower. After the nice refreshing shower that only last 20 minutes I get dressed and put my hair up in a messy bun. I head out of the bathroom and to the kitchen downstairs. As I head to the kitchen I stop by Angi and Asher rooms but they were still sleeping. Lazy much? I stop at the entrance of the kitchen as the smell of food fella my nose.

It smells so go I look to see Damon cooking breakfast. Toast and pancakes plus bacon and eggs. It was amazing. He was humming a melody. He still has not notice  my presence. I watch him as he flipped pancakes. As he turned around to solace the pancake he finished made on the plates in front of me on the table he finally saw me. shocked than a smile covered his face. I could have sworn I saw him blush. I brush it off and take a seat at the table.

"Care to explain? This looks good. I didn't know that you know who to cook." I stated as he places his pan in the sink and heads towards the table and takes a seat beside me.

"I want to make you breakfast. Plus you don't know a lot about me since you won't give me... us a chance." He stated clearly frustrated that this mate is difficult for him as it is for me.

I didn't know what to say I stayed quiet for the first time in my life. I grab a fork and stuff myself with eggs and pancakes. I look to see that he is staring at me. I put my fork down and chew down my food. "Yeah?" I ask I think. I don't know why he is staring at me. I look down at my plate than at him to see that he is think about something very hard with the expression he is giving me.

"Give me a chance us a chance. Let me prove to you that I can be the mate you want that you deserve. I know I'm not much to look at and I'm not powerful. I'm just an alpha of a pack and no family except my pack. I'm just a wolf that is waiting for you my mate to love me for me. I want to be with you, but every time I try to get close to you. You just push me away. Why? Just tell me why?"

I look at him shocked that he just full on confessed his feelings. All I did was look at him. Tears fill my eyes and I wipe my hand over them before they could fall.

"I'm sorry your right. Yes I push you away. Yes I know that you are nothing like me and you are just you but that is the reason that I like you. You are an alpha that treats his pack well. A man that loves everyone is is loved by many. I know that I have not given you the opportunity....us the opportunity to be mates." I look at him as I also confess I couldn't help it. I thought I could wait until it was a over this war, but it's proving harder to do when Damon act and tells me things like this that make me feel like glass cracking every time. Damon is the mate that I want in my life.

He does not even know me and that seems to sadden me more than anything.

"Give me this week to prove to you I'm the mate that you deserve" he says as he takes my hand in his. The thing is I don't deserve him. He is breaking my walls and entering my heart without me knowing. What a traitorous heart I have. Without me fully controlling my body. I nod.