FIFTEEN

I SHOULD'VE GIVEN YOU MORE BECAUSE YOU DESERVED MORE--------------------۞--------------------The Originals: 5x8

--------------------۞--------------------
The Originals: 5x8

(A/N: I hate this chapter, I rewrote it so many times and I still hate it, proceed with caution <3)

A few days after Odette's arrival to the compound, everything was peaceful, as peaceful as it would be for the next few days to come.

Surprisingly Odette had adjusted fairly quickly and while she was still wary of the other adults in the home (besides Hayley), she made it a point to say 'good morning' and 'good night' to everyone after waking up and before going to bed.

It was after dinner a quiet evening with the sun setting, Hope's curtains were open and the girls were catching the last few beams of sunlight before it disappeared completely.

Hope was explaining go-fish to Odette who thought the game seemed boring because playing with cards are what 'old people did' and Odette had pointed out the neither of them were anywhere near old.

Hope, well, young Hope wasn't a very judgmental person and instead of getting upset with Odette when she played the game wrong she merely corrected the hybrid, politely.

     They had went back and forth for a while but eventually Odette had learned the game and was starting to enjoy it.

Hayley had walked to Hope's room to make the girls brush their teeth and get ready for bed but after catching sight of the wholesome interaction, she couldn't find it within herself to stop the fun.

So she stood just outside the door until one of them realized she was there.

        "So have you found any of Odette's relatives?" Elijah asked, walking up the the mother and leaning against the threshold as the both of them observed the girls.

        Hayley hummed and tore her gaze from them to look at Elijah.

       "You know, I did but from what I got they didn't want her. Fortunately there's people in the pack willing to adopt her but I just- something about her, I don't know if it has something to do with the fact that I saved her or that she had a crappy life but, I was thinking about adopting her." Hayley said and Elijah raised his brows, having not thought of the possibility.

        Hayley's stomach bubbled in anxiety as she glanced at Elijah, she knew they were planning on moving to France with Hope and she prayed that Elijah would still be on board with the idea.

"Well she makes Hope happy, and I don't think I could think of anyone else better to raise her." Elijah complemented the mother and Hayley looked away bashfully.