TWENTY

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY WE GIVE FLOWERS TO THE DEAD--------------------۞--------------------The Originals: 5x11

--------------------۞--------------------
The Originals: 5x11

Hope and Odette woke up early the morning after they intended to hold a small funeral for the man they killed.

        The girls stood side by side Hope was silently crying and Odette had a sorrowful look on her face.

Odette had gone over the night many times starting with her conversation with Roman and ending with the the pain in her abdomen suggesting that she had triggered her curse.

       The guilt she felt was immense, suffocating, she'd cried nearly all night not only for the death of the he man, but the fear of turning, the pain she would have to endure for her sin.

         Klaus had told them many times before that it wasn't their fault if anything they could put the blame on Klaus but she didn't see it that way, she willingly went into the church and killed all the vampires, thinking there wouldn't be any repercussions  was naïve.

       "I have autonomy over my magic and how I use it, he was at the wrong place at the wrong time but I am the one that killed him regardless of how you put it." Odette's words were chilling to the hybrid but she was determined to take accountability for her actions and she wouldn't go into denial about it, she wasn't that kind of person.

Hope sniffed breaking Odette out of her trace. The red head set a yellow flower down next to the picture of the man, apparently it had been his favorite color.

Odette rubbed her hand against Hopes arm attempting to soothe the tribrid. It was dangerous for them to be alone and on distressed like this, they had to keep their emotions at bay for now.

       "You didn't have to come." Odette said turning her head to the hybrid.

      Hope quickly wiped her tears and kept her focus on the shrine in front of her.

        "I know I just wanted to make sure that you're all right." Klaus said stepping forward.

         "I don't understand why we give flowers to the dead." Hope said and for a moment seven year old Hope stood in front of him, asking him a question with childlike wonder. Only now it was different; she has seemly been forever stripped of such innocence.

         "Doesn't do him any good; and it's not much of an apology for killing someone." Hope said crossing her arms, a feeling similar to anger and guilt cording her veins, only making her hold on the magic weaken.