Chapter 1

Light was only six when he first disappointed his father. Light had been sick at school and missed his exams, the teachers refused to let him resit it later and he ended up failing his class, his father was furious when he found out. He berated and shouted at Light for giving up on his studies so easily. Light had been sent to bed with no tea or bedtime story and for the first time in his life Light felt worthless, he had cried himself to sleep and refused to leave his bedroom the next day in fear that his father would shout at him again. Light was seven when his father disowned him. Light was seven when he ran away from home leaving his mother and baby sister behind.

L Lawliet was nine when he solved his first case and became the world's greatest detective known only as L. Traveling throughout the world solving cases with relative ease L never thought of his future until at the age of ten he met a young brown-haired boy wandering the streets of Paris covered in dirt his eyes seemingly gleamed with determination. And in that spilt second L became obsessed with another human.

Light was seven when a strange panda like child approached him, it hadn't been hard to escape Japan no one questions a young child following a family not to close to grab the attention of the family yet not to far away that it draws others attention. The cruise ship he boarded was heading to Paris and it had be easy to hide away and sneak around to steal food during the duration of the trip. Once he was in Paris he disappeared into the back alleyways to come up with another plan. He couldn't go to the authorities because they would just send him back Japan and his parents. He had been in Paris for nearly a week when the panda child found him.

L was ten when Watari had found him with the brown-haired boy. L was ten when he made his first friend – Kira.

Light was seven when he made his first friend – L. Light was seven when he started going by the name Kira.

Light had never left true fear before until now. He had been scared when his father had shouted at him, but he didn't fear his father not after a few days. This man, he feared. This man had the power to send him home, he had this air about him which told Light that he had an unwavering authority to make things happen. Light wanted to run. He wanted to cry but his legs were frozen in place.

"Where are your parents?" the man said standing between Light and the Panda child. The Panda Child stared at him with curious look in his eyes, Light wanted to slap him. He didn't like the feeling of being stared at.

"Does it matter" Light snapped glaring at the man.

"Won't they be worried about you?" the old man said, Light scoffed.

"My father disowned me because I'm not cleaver enough for him" Light said "now leave me alone. I don't need your help. I've got this far I can work out what I need to live for myself".

"Not cleaver enough?" The panda child said looking at Light with his wide black eyes.

"What's your name?" the old man said. Light froze, what was he meant to say. His real name, he can't. No one would believe that Soichiro Yagami would dare disown his child. Light's eyes searched his surrounding to find some inspiration. His eyes landed on a woman working at a newspaper stand, her name tag read Kira.

"Kira".