Chapter 2

~11 years later~

When Watari brought Light to Wammy's house he never expected that his life would turn out like this. He had become close friends turned lovers with his roommate L, it was the last person Light ever expected to fall in love with the strange panda man with an obsession with sweets and a terrible grooming schedule. Light should have been repulsed, yet it was part of L's charm that made Light or Kira fall for him. Light had been going by the name Kira ever since Watari and L had found him on the streets in Paris. It – according to L – had been obvious that Light was a genius and someone that his family hadn't taken seriously just like every other intelligent child who ended up in Wammy's house. Wammy's House was an orphanage and training facility for gifted children who had been abandoned by their biological families. Every child chose their own alias and kept their real names a secret that not even Watari or Roger knew them.

Light was currently lying on his bed reading a book he needed for his next class when his bedroom door was slammed open and in piled Near and Mello followed by Matt. L was currently working on another case in America searching for the serial killer behind three recent murders which had unusual circumstances which meant that it was Light's responsibility to keep Mello and Near from murdering each other.

"What happened?" Light said, putting his book on his bedside table and turning his attention to the boys lying on the floor.

"Mum," Near said, pushing himself up from the floor and darting to hide behind the teen. Mum was an affectionate nickname that Near started using not long after he had come to Wammy's house. Near felt that Light had become a mother figure in his life and chose to start to call him Mum, it was also to tease Light considering he had chosen a female name as his alias and was too stubborn to change it.

Near came from an abusive household who hated him because of his intelligence, he wasn't allowed to eat or wash himself so when Watari found him, Near's white clothes were stained black, and Near hadn't looked much better. Light practically had a heart attack when he saw the state Near had turned up, still covered in grime. After giving Watari a piece of his mind about not giving Near the opportunity to have a shower before turning up here, he hurried the younger boy into the nearest shower and gave him a clean pair of clothes to change into. Light was the only person during the first few months at Wammy's house that Near would speak with.

"Near what did you do?" Light asked, looking at the white-haired boy who was still hiding behind Light.

"He slipped laxatives into my drink" Mello shouted, and it took every bit of strength Light had to stop himself from laughing. Light couldn't say anything before Mello darted back out of his bedroom and towards the nearest toilet.

"Matt, go check up on Mello," Light said before turning his attention to Near. He got a 'sure Kira' from Matt, but Light still waited until he heard his bedroom door shut before he said anything. "I'd have to say I'm impressed; however, if you are going to prank Mello, maybe going for a more subtle approach would be best in the future. I don't know about you, but I'm going to be avoiding that bathroom in the meantime. Anyway, I have a lesson to attend and a teacher to tell them that Mello and Matt are either going to be a little late or not turning up at all. Could you do me a favour and try and keep yourself out of trouble".

"Sure, Mum, can I stay in here for the time being? Keep out of harm's way until heading back to my own room" Near replied pulling some toys out of his pocket and started playing with them on Light's bed. A small smile appeared on Light's face before he opened his bedroom door and headed towards his lesson.

"You're 10 minutes late. This means there is a 50% probability that you were preventing Near and Mello from murdering each other. A 35% chance that the lesson was being taught by Roger which means it overran by 5 minutes, or a 15% chance that you picked up something to eat from the canteen before heading back," A familiar voice said when Light opened his bedroom door, L sat on their bed his laptop perched beside him.

"Well, look what the cat dragged in. I wasn't expecting you to come home anytime soon, did you find BB" Light said dropping his bag on the floor beside his desk and crawling onto the bed beside L.

"Yes, he is currently in police custody. My twin decided he wanted to become the only case that L failed to solve which also meant he was going to kill himself to achieve that" L answered before wrapping his arms around Light's waist and pulling him close.

"You do know that a police station isn't going to hold B very long," Light said; he had been best friends with L's twin brother Beyond Birthday for years, he other than A, were the only people the BB had confided in about his eyes and the ability to see people names and lifespans. It had driven A to commit suicide, and Light knew that B blamed himself for it.

"He is being transferred to a special facility tomorrow where he will be under constant supervision. He can't hurt anyone. Now, I don't want to talk about my twin brother when I'm finally reunited with my boyfriend. I can think of plenty of other things we can be doing instead," L said, bringing his hand up to rest on Light's neck and gently pulling his face closer to L's.

L collapsed onto the bed beside his boyfriend, the couple were covered in bodily fluids, but neither of them had the energy to move to clean themselves up.

"You should go away more often reunion sex is so much better than normal sex well, that and hate sex," Light said, which caused L to laugh.

"I know what you mean. I remember when we were younger, before we were dating, and I had to go away for a case. I was gone for about two weeks, and you practically jumped me when I got back" L chuckled at the memory before sitting up on the bed, opening the bedside table draw and pulling something out.

"I was horny, we had been fuck buddies for nearly a year, and I hadn't gone that long without you fucking me, so you really can't blame me," Light said, trying to defend himself.

"Kira," L started looking down at the item in his hands.

"L," Light started before turning to face his boyfriend, Light's heart stopped when he saw L open a black velvet box revealing a single silver band with a large diamond set on top of a twisting design with was covered in small diamonds.

"This has been something I have wanted to ask for a while now. I love you, Kira. I want to marry you, so; will you marry me?".

"Light".

"What?" L said, confused.

"My name, my real name is Light Yagami. If I'm going to marry you, then you are going to need it," Light said, smiling.

"You want to marry me," L said, dumbfounded, which made Light laugh.

"Yes! You idiot," Light giggled before surging forward to kiss his fiancé.