Chapter 31

Please take a moment to understand Light's situation. He was stuck in an uncomfortable hospital bed with countless wires attached to loud beeping machines stuck to his body; he was doped up with the highest level of morphine the hospital can legally give him and that doesn't take away from the fact that he, Light Lawliet, is trapped in a freaking hospital. He hates hospitals, absolutely despises them from the top of his head to the bottom of his toes and then some, he doesn't care about the extent of his injuries; he wants out and yet, his traitorous husband brought him here knowing full well that the first thing Light will do when he woke up would be demanding being released.

"Baby, please, you'll aggravate your injuries if you move," L pleaded with his husband, who blatantly ignored him as he tried to push himself up into a sitting position using his fractured and his broken arms.

"Like I care, Panda!" Light snapped.

"Babe please, you have six broken ribs, a fractured arm, a broken arm, and that's just the tip of the iceberg," L said as the nurse attempted to care their patient down.

"I know the damage done to me, husband. I was there," Light said, scowling at him.

"Then I shouldn't have to remind you yet here we are," L said, "Your clavicle has snapped, and your hip, ankle, left good and right leg have also sustained serious damage. You have a broken nose. We have no idea if you've got any substantial internal or head damage out than your ribs until the results come back. Baby, I know you hate the hospital and I promise once we know you are in the clear and Wammy's got the right equipment to monitor your health, then we'll be out of here."

Light stopped moving, turning his head to face his husband, "You swear."

"I swear on all the sugary sweets I love that I'm telling the truth," L said. Light seemed to think for a second before reluctantly laying back down. The nurse gave him an appreciated look, not that L cared, his husband's health is the utmost important thing to him which is why he's going against Light's wishes and bringing him to a hospital. The nurse quickly left after.

"How long will I be stuck in here?" Light asked.

"A week at mostly... only to make sure there's nothing seriously wrong with you. Light I know how much you hate this place and I promise, I will get you out of here sooner rather than later, but I need to make sure there are no hidden injuries we miss because we didn't take any precaution and discharged you without knowing the full list of your injuries. No, baby! Don't look at me like that Teru and Higuchi were torturing you for over a week, they've barely fed you so, I am not taking any chances with our health, you mean too much to me to lose you," L said grasping L's fractured arm and gently pulled it to his face before pressing a soft kiss to the palm.

"Panda," Light spoke softly, "You will not lose me, till death do us part, remember."

"This last week has been hell, I thought I'd never find you, I tried everything and then Mello, Matt and Near come here and in less than a day they find you. I failed you, I promised that I'd never let anything like this happen to you and even when you were taken, I couldn't find you," L muttered into Light's hand.

"L..." Light's heart grew heavy, "Baby, it's not your fault, I was careless, I didn't expect Merikh to find us, even after that article. I knew I should've stayed out of sight; I should've waited until after we caught Merikh before going home. This and everything that happened to me is all about me. Don't blame yourself, baby."

L gave Light a weak smile, "I'm not letting you out of my sight for the rest of our lives together. I don't care if you're going to the bathroom, I'm following you and if you try to escape me, I'll handcuff us together if I have to."