Prologue

"Stiles, I need your help." Stiles looked up in shock. While they were friends, outside of the supernatural world Lydia barely gave him the time of day. Now she was standing over him, asking for his assistance.

"Okay..." She gestured for him to follow her and he did. Lydia ducked into Coach's office with Stiles hot on her heels. His heart was racing. He knew the usual reason why Lydia went in there but that couldn't be what was happening with him. Sure, he had been in love with her for his whole life, but things had changed. "You don't want me to sex you up or anything right? If you do, I need to warm up first." Stiles joked, trying to ease his nerves. Lydia pressed her finger to his lips, effectively silencing him. When she was sure he was done talking she dropped her finger. 

"I know you're dating Derek." She stated simply. The colour drained from Stiles's already pale face. 

"You what? I-I'm not-" She gave him a look, reminding him who he was dealing with. He closed his mouth, not sure what to say next. 

"I also know that Scott is getting suspicious." Stiles knew it would be hard to hide his relationship from his best friend but he thought he had been doing a pretty good job. "I have a proposition for you." 

"What?" Stiles looked at her warily. After knowing Lydia for most of his life he doubted she was above blackmail. He just hoped their friendship would convince her to go easy on him.

"Go on a date with me." His jaw dropped at her idea. Lydia Martin wanted to go on a date with him...after finding out about his secret boyfriend. Something wasn't right. "Not a real one." She rolled her eyes as she watched him process her request. "Allison's been on my case about getting a boyfriend, you want to keep your relationship a secret. It's a win-win." 

"You want to fake date me?" He asked to clarify.

"Would you rather tell your friends that you're dating a 24-year-old alpha werewolf?" He shook his head. "The way I see it, we both get what we want."

"What's in it for you? Surely, Lydia Martin has no trouble getting a boyfriend. Plus if you didn't want one you wouldn't let Allison convince you otherwise." He pointed out, eyeing her suspiciously. She sighed forgetting how well he knew her. 

"Let's just say you're not the only one dating an older man." Lydia crossed her arms as Stiles ran through all the possibilities in his head. "If everyone thinks I'm dating you, no one will find out I'm dating him." 

He thought for a moment, putting all the pieces together in his head. It made sense. Lydia was always too good for high school boys. Lydia was one of his closest friends and this was an opportunity to help each other out. 

"Okay. I'm in." He agreed, hoping he wouldn't regret it. A smile spread across her red painted lips.  

"Good. Pick me up at 7."