Misunderstanding

We heard someone's voice outside and quickly mom ran towards him and hugged him. I went behind her to check if it was darshan. He joined us for lunch and we all talked about random things. But i was still mad at him for what he has done. I soon recalled what happened last night.

I was not feeling sleepy so i went downstairs to fill my bottle and to have a small walk in the garden but i saw mom was awake. She was sitting on the sofa with a book probably an album in her hand. I went to her.

" Ma what r u doing here and y didn't u sleep yet" i asked.

" I am not feeling sleepy dear, its just that i miss my children so much" she said with tears in her eyes.

" I know ma that u love them soo much and they must be soo lucky to have u. " I said.

" See this is their album whenever i look at it i feel so blessed to have them in my life. See look at this photo darsh was the cutest boy in our family when he was born so everyone used to call him cute but he never liked to be called as cute" she smiled and continued..." He always wanted to be like a rowdy taunting everyone and he thought it was fun doing it. He didn't leave this habit of his even when he became so popular in taunting and ragging everyone in his school. He used to runaway whenever someone pulled his cheek saying cute. I miss all of these so much now everyone are grown up. Those days can never come back" she said. She then showed me many photos and some in which darshan wasn't wearing anything but that made me blush so hard though those pics were taken when he was a kid but still what mom said was right he looks soo damn cute.
No wonder y he had so much following in our school. But soon i noticed something, there were only kyathi and darshan's photos.

" Ma i can't see any pics of rohan's in this album what about his photos" i asked.

" That..... That is ...... Ummm.... Actually" she stammered a lot. I knew something was wrong.

" Rohan is not our son" she said making me thunderstruck.

" What???? What does that mean he is not ur son" i asked having no clue what is it all about.

" Its that.... he is my sister's son and his parents met with an accident long back and they unfortunately passed away soo.... We brought him up as our son. But he is no less than darsh to me. I love him equally as i love darsh and kyathi infact i love him more. He was so affected by that accident and so we did not want him to remember his past anymore so i hid his album. " She was soo sad and her disappointment was clearly visible in her eyes.

" I am sorry ma" i was feeling guilty.

" Y dear pls don't apologise this is our family matter and being our family u should know about it so pls don't be" she was so kind.
But i was no less disappointed infact i was soo angry, why didn't darshan tell me any of these things.
I came out of my thoughts when i heard a knock on the table.

" Ohh god huks where r u lost but darsh is sitting in front of u so what r dreaming" he teased.

" Hmm.... Kindly excuse me i have to go.... I need some sleep coz i feel so tired... So i am sorry" i said without waiting for their reply, i quickly ran to my room.

Now i was angry for two reasons one is that y didn't darshan tell me that rohan is not his own brother and second that his father and currently rohan being the ceo of the top most company rk group of industries where i used to work. I wanted to know y he avoided me soo much. These r the basic things that people do share with their life partners but he.... He didn't bother to even inform me that he is coming back today and is joining for lunch with us. This shows that he has no interest in me and neither do i. If he doesn't care about me then even i don't. I thought to myself controlling my anger.

He came in and he was arranging his stuff. I was so irritated that even his presence was irritating me further. I went to our balcony for some fresh air. I think he wanted to say something. He came and stood beside me but i didn't turn my face towards him.

" I am sorry that i didn't inform u about my return, I actually wanted to surprise u soo... "

" Its fine I don't mind actually I don't care and y should i when u urself don't. " I said, sensing my anger he never spoke to me after that. I felt hurt. When he knew that i was angry on him he didn't even try convincing me for once. I just hate him for that. I felt like i had no one here who i could call mine. I can feel the tears running down. They r searching for someone's hand who can wipe them out. I felt alone.

Later in the evening i was talking to my mom and after i completed i turned back and hit someone.

" Ouch...." I shouted.

" R u fine sorry i didn't notice" he said.

" Sorry sorry sorry.... I m fed up with ur sorry. Do u even know what does a sorry mean, it should come from ur heart and not that u spit it out whenever u like. " I shouted... I literally shouted at him but for what. It's been years that i was angry on someone and now i am angry for a person i don't feel anything about. I am generally patient enough to even forgive my enemy infact i don't have any enemy but y am i yelling at him like that. Maybe its because i expected something more from him which i shouldn't so its my mistake.

" I am really sorry..... I shouldn't have shouted at u like that but its.... I am angry on u.... Y don't u understand that" i said impatiently.

" I know" he said calmly.

" What??? If u know then why aren't u...." I stopped but what was i gonna ask him? That y didn't he talk and convince me? I can't ask that.

" I know u r angry so i wanted to give u some time so that u calm urself and then i thought of talking to u sooo.... Its difficult to make someone understand when they r not in the mood to listen and that is the reason i didn't speak up. But yes u can tell me now... What is it that is troubling u? What did i do to make u so much angry? "

" Y didn't u tell me about rohan" i asked.

" I told u about rohan that night" he said.

" No....about that.... " I hesitated.

" Tell u what about rohan" he asked.

" That he is not your own brother" i finally said.

"Because i never felt that way" he replied without any gap in between.

" What?? " I asked.

" I never told u coz i never felt that way. I always treated him like my brother and he is ofcourse"
This time i was totally embarrassed by my question and behaviour.

" I am....i am sorry" i replied with my head down. I was soo embarrassed that i couldn't look into his eyes.

" No its not ur fault its actually mine i should have told u everything but...."

After that i did not want to ask about that rk thing coz i can't feel more embarrassed than this. Maybe since he doesn't work there he did not feel the need to tell me or may be something else but i don't care. I already misunderstood him so much and so i can't do it again.