Chapter 17: The Mission

San Antonio's Perspective

     "Nox. I came here after I got your message-"
     Well, this is stupid as fuuuuccckkk. I saw that guy from before. He looked at me with disgust and I don't want to be with him anyways either. What was his name..? Sanders?
     "So... I know you two are the best of friends, but I'm sure that with some learning and experiences this will go a lot better than you think."
     Nox was saying something, but I was just feeling the heat from our hatred meshing. That's when Nox raised his voice, "Hey you two!!!" We both immediately stopped after smelling something weird. It almost burned to move. "You will get along while we're doing this okay!" He calmed down and it was easier to move. "Are the others on standby?"
     "Yes! They're waiting in different places for anything that may happen. We're dealing with a World-Class Hunter."

     After a while. One of our scouts were able to pinpoint Obsidian's whereabouts from afar. The three of us followed him. The moonlight shone well enough to clearly see him holding a tote full of groceries.
     Does he not have a butler or something? He walked into a nice house, though it wasn't grand, like I was expecting.
     We waited outside for his lights to go out before sneaking in using one of the ex-Hell Flower gang members' Cypher.

     We waited for a while with his lights still on. "This is taking forever. When's he going to bed!" I drug out my words from boredom.
     He stepped out the back, and we moved so our line of sight was better. I could see this kid appear and begin to talk with the black giant.

 I could see this kid appear and begin to talk with the black giant

     "Is that the demon?" I was getting antsy.
     Sanders so gladly pointed out, "The suspected demon."
     I spoke quietly, but purposefully loud enough for him to hear, "Thanks for your bitching, Sanders."
     He got really angry. "My name is Cindy, asshole!"
     Nox tried getting in between us when the stunted boy tried intimidating me. "Shut up guys. Trying to get us caught?" We didn't lay off.

     "Oh. Hello there."
     A voice that crept on my back and caused my organs to shake. I couldn't even breath. But I was the first to turn when I realized the voice wasn't carrying death.
     It was Laplace's Demon Hunter in the flesh. The squealing me in my subconscious was being suppressed by my fear and pride. I'd rather not have to deal with death again.   
     "Oh.. my.. god!!" Sanders and Nox were still in freak out mode and were terrified by my action. I just kept truckin. "Y-you're Obsidian! The Obsidian. I can't believe I could see you this close!!!" The distance allowed me to see a small crystal around his neck.

     I've seen it on celebrity conspiracy FurTube videos

     I've seen it on celebrity conspiracy FurTube videos. Loads of them think it's his Encoder. But it almost felt like this fear was induced by the ominous crystal itself.
     While I was excited, only a little, I was still a nervous wreck. "We are great fans of yours!"
    He opened his left eye. It was really strange to look at, almost like it was able to see things, but like, beyond what normal people can. The red heart in the middle shined like a ruby before he closed it.
     "Well!!! You kids should be getting home! It's late and you guys shouldn't be watching others... It's a little creepy." He stared at me and Sanders. "And also, I hope you two get along you guys seemed tense." He hoped off a thick branch and walked behind us, towards his house.
     I couldn't even turn. "Okay!! Good night!!~" I didn't even sense a shift. When I swiveled my head, he was gone.
     We all let out heavy breaths. And my legs didn't want to carry my weight.

Obsidian's Perspective
     "So, how were those kids?"
     I tilted my head towards their direction. "They somehow knew something. I'm not sure exactly what, or how much, but they know something. Also, I knew two of them... the third one seems to be another hidden gem."
     Bel thought for a second and gave a great yawn. "Well, we must push the plan faster. Any info?"
     "Yeah, that double agent I told you about came back safe and has no idea. But, the world powers are planning on uniting to take down the demons."
     "Then we have to break some of that solidarity."
That should be easy enough.