t w e n t y o n e

hey everyone! it's finally here, the last chapter! I've been working hard on this and I'm glad I've finally finished. let me know if you're interested in a sequel, I'll be super glad to start. I have a rough outline of where I plan the next to go, but let me know if you're interested. but for now, happy reading and thank you so much!
- -

Peter and I were officially dating for a couple months now. Everyone knew about it by him and I holding hands and being close to each other. Nova was beyond happy, she even made her move on Ned, they were now officially 'talking.' I could've never imagined my normal life that Dad forced me to have to go like this. I was happy, not that I wasn't before, but this was different.

"So where are we going tonight?" I ask Peter as I lean on his locker door.

He smiles and shakes his head. "The point of it is for it to be a surprise. If I tell you, it won't be a surprise."

"Oh come on Peter." he closes his locker and I grab on to his elbow and walk with him outside towards my car. "I hate surprises." I look up at his brown curly hair that was a little messy, but in a perfect way. He smiles down at me with his dorky smile.

"Oaklynn!" Nova yelled at me from down the street. "Stop drooling on your boyfriend and let's go!"

I roll my eyes and look back at Peter. "I guess that's my cue to go. I'll see you tonight. Make sure to shower after being Spider-Man. You always stink."

He rolls his eyes. "Yes of course. I'll pick you up at 6pm."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Peter you can't drive. You don't get your permit until next week. Your birthday is in August."

"Don't worry about that. Now go before Nova breaks the handle off the door." he kisses the top of my head.

"Oaklynn! Let's go!" Nova yells again, rapidly trying to open the car door.

"I'm coming!" I yell and jog over to Nova, who was impatiently waiting outside the passenger door. "You know you could walk."

"What's the fun in that?" she says stupidly and climbs into the car.

- -

I sit on the outside steps of the compound, waiting Peter to arrive. I was in a nice red dress, my hair loosely curled. I let out a huff of air and look at my phone again. 6:15pm. Peter has been late to plenty of dates, due to him be a superhero. Except usually he would call and let me know five minutes before our date so I could sit in my car and wait, or politely sit in his apartment. He's never forgotten a date, and I would think that he wouldn't forget this one, especially how we've talked about this one for a week now.

"I thought you were leaving." I look behind me to Dad slowly walking down the steps. I turn back to face forward.

"So did I." I put a piece of hair behind my ear that blew in my face.

Dad sits next to me. "Did you call him?"

"No. If he's running late, he should be the one to contact me."

He sighed. "You could look up his location if his suit."

"No. I promised I would stop doing that. It wasn't fair to him." I check my phone for the time again. 6:18pm.

"Well I didn't promise him shit." Dad pulls out his phone and pulls up a map, a small blinking tracker, Peter's suit. "Oh there he is. Delmar's."

I put my face in my hands. "Of course he is."

"Let's give him a call." Dad dials to facetime Peter, him picking up seconds later.

["Hello? Mr. Stark? What's up?"] Peter says so casually.

"Oh I just wanted to check in on how your date is going." Dad says into the phone. "Oaklynn walked out the door about twenty minutes ago so I wanted to see how it was going."

I glance over at Dad's phone. Peter's eyes went wide and his face, bright red. ["Oh um. It's a.. it's going great. Yeah. We're having lots of fun."] Peter gives a fake smile into the camera.

Dad glances at me and I put my face in my hands again. "Oh that's good. Can I talk to her? I didn't have the chance to talk to her before she left and since I have you on the phone, I could quickly talk to her."

["Oh um yeah. But she's in the bathroom right now. She just went in when you called."] Peter lies.

"Oh darn. But I do have to ask you something." Dad was going to chew his ass out now.

["Yeah sure thing. What's up?"]

"Who the hell are you on your date with? Because my daughter is sitting next to me in the cold right now." Dad asks, dropping the bomb.

["Oh shit. I'm sorry Oaklynn. I forgot."] Peter apologizes. I didn't look up at the camera that I knew Dad was pointing at me. I just stood up and stormed inside.

I ended up stripping into my pjs and put my hair into a messy bun. I grab some popcorn and flop into my bed, turning on Netflix. After an episode and a half of Stranger Things and three bowls of popcorn, someone knocks on my door.

"Go away." I mumble out but my door still opens. I turn to see Peter at my door. I roll my eyes and turn away to face my TV. "I said go away." I shove my mouth full of popcorn.

"How many bowls have you eaten?" Peter asks, and I hold the number three on my hand. He sighs and laughs lightly. He sits next to me on my bed and gently takes the bowl out of my grasp.

"No I want my popcorn!" I try to grab it but fail. "I'm mad at you."

Peter puts the bowl down and scoots next to me, covering up with my blanket and wrapping his arm around me. "I know and I'm sorry. I will never to it again. I promise."

I look up at him. "That's a big promise Parker."

He smiles. "I know. And I plan to keep it." He kisses my forehead and I snuggle close into his chest, eventually falling asleep.

- -

Trust. Something everyone needs to have and craves for people to have in them. I was different. I couldn't trust. After certain things happened, I can trust. I couldn't trust my own soulmate for months. But I've changed. I now have a happy life, the past completely behind me. Nova Wells, Ned Leeds, and most importantly Peter Parker made me realize that there's good in trusting people. People are good, at least most of them. But my soulmate, Peter Parker, made me get over my trust issues.