•3•

"What do you mean 'this isn't going to work out' ?" Nick asks Jamie on the phone, confused.

They were getting along pretty well. What went wrong?

"I'm sorry, Nick.. but I don't want to keep this up. Please do not ever chat or call me again. Please." Jamie tried to reason with the confused latter.

"Why?.. I actually like you.." Nick confesses.

Jamie sighs. "I thought so too.. good-bye."

And before Nick could even say anything, Jamie already hang up.

Nick was upset by this.

And became even more upset to see that Jamie has blocked his phone number and social media accounts, preventing him to make any kind of communication towards the cute pink haired boy.

Nick even tried to go to the latter's house, but Jamie refused to see him.

Nick sighs deeply before giving up, going back home.

Jason was watching TV when Nick comes through the front door.

He turns his head around to give the younger a quick look before turning his attention back to the tv, not saying anything to the gloomy latter.

Jason saw Nick sit on the other couch beside his from the corner of his eye.

Nick sighs before slouching down onto the couch.

He sighs again.

When he still doesn't get any attention from his stepbrother,

he sighs louder.

Jason still ignores him.

Nick sits up to glare at him. "Aren't you going to ask me what's wrong?"

Jason faces him, raising an eyebrow. "Why should I?" He says before looking back to the tv.

Nick groans. "You really are a jerk!"

All Nick wanted was someone to talk to.

He doesn't have any particular choice other than his stepbrother.

But he was just too much of a jerk to even listen to him.

Nick huffs, standing up and walking away, about to go upstairs.

"What's wrong?" Jason says, forcing the words out of his mouth, hurting his pride.

Nick snaps his head towards Jason's direction.

The taller still had his attention to the tv, not looking at him.

Nick decides to go back to his previous sit and rant to his step-brother. "Jamie said he doesn't want to talk or see me anymore! He didn't even give us a chance to talk about what the problem was because, I just don't get it! I was sure we were getting along just fine, but suddenly he was sick of me? Am I that bad? Actually- don't answer that, I already know I am anyway. I mean, who would date an ugly loser like me? I was even surprised to know that Jamie liked me. Even though we met online, I felt a connection with him and grew more closer to him. I was so nervous when we were meeting for the first time, thinking he will be disgusted by me, but no. He said I actually looked handsome! Me? Handsome? That's funny, those two words aren't supposed to be together–"

Jason rolls his eyes as he listens to his annoying stepbrother's ranting.

Even though he found the younger annoying, he still listened to him.

He isn't that much of a jerk.

Nick continues to rant about his crush being completely unfair and they should've had a chance to be together.