•21•

"Where are you going?" Jason asked the nicely dressed younger who was looking at the mirror while fixing his hair for the hundredth time.

"Going to meet up with Callum." Nick answered, still focused on his hair.

He had tried multiple hairstyles already, but it always doesn't seem right, so he had to redo it everytime.

Jason was feeling a bit down today.

He and Nick didn't cuddle and sleep in the same bed like before anymore.

The younger was just too busy talking on the phone with Callum.

He barely pays any attention to Jason, his full focus was on the person he was talking to through the phone.

Being ignored by the younger honestly hurts, but Jason didn't say anything and just let things happen.

Jason wasn't able to get any sleep everynight without Nick by his side, so there are dark circles under his eyes from the lack of sleep he's getting.

He got so used to the younger's hugs and cuddles in such a short time, it was driving him nuts that he was now far from him. 

He couldn't really do anything, he didn't want to force the younger to do what he wanted him to do, which was at least hug him, even just once.

And he thought that maybe Callum was right, that he had no chance being with the one he loved because this said person just saw him as a loving older brother.

"Ugh!" Nick stomps his foot in frustration.

Why can't his hair just cooperate with him?

Nick just wanted it to look good.

Whatever he does to it, it just doesn't seem to look what Nick wants it look like.

Jason's tired eyes shifted towards Nick's direction.

He sees the younger in distress, still fixing his hair.

Jason lets out a long sigh before forcing himself to stand up.

He walked towards the younger, until he was finally right behind him.

He grabs the younger's soft hands that were still trying to fix his soft and fluffy hair.

Nick looks up at the mirror and he could see behind him was Jason, holding his hands from above his head.

Jason puts Nick's hands down and brought his own hands back to the younger's soft hair.

He missed touching and playing with it to be honest.

Nick watches as Jason puts his fingers through his hair, combing it.

It goes back to it's original state before, a ball of brown hair fluff on his head.

Nick pouts. "Why'd you do that?" He asked the older while looking at him through the mirror.

Once Jason also looked at Nick, the younger's heart almost stopped.

He looked really tired.

He also saw sadness flash through his eyes as he stared straight into Nick's soul.

Nick gulped.

This is the first time he has seen the older clearly for the past week.

He was too busy talking and chatting on the phone to even give his older step-brother a single glance.

He pretty much ignored him, and gave his full attention towards Callum.

Now he kind of felt bad for it.