•15•

"Thank jesus," Nick breathes out once getting in the building.

He could've sworn the guy they were carrying got even heavier the longer they carried him to the motel.

"We're not done yet." Justin says as he removes Caleb's arm around him and went to talk to the receptionist to get them a room.

"Fuck." Nick grunts once all of the weight of the guy came to him.

He was already lowkey tired and his back was starting to hurt like hell, why the fuck did Justin just leave him hanging—

Nick looks at Caleb and began giving him hard slaps. "Wake up, man! I'm about to lose my back because of you!" He screams at the unconscious body.

People in the motel started to stare at him but he didn't care. Fuck them.

Unfortunately, the hard slaps wasn't able to make the guy wake up.

Nick stops with a groan. "I give up." He says, defeated.

He saw Justin coming back his way.

"Got a room now?" Nick asks, trying to look at Justin's hand for a room key.

He doesn't see one.

Justin laughs awkwardly. "About that.."

Nick frowns and pants out, "Now what?"

Justin rubs the back of his neck. "I don't have enough money left. I spent most of it on drinks."

Nick looks at him in disbelief.

"Dude? You spent all your money for drinks? Couldn't you get anymore stupid than that?" Nick facepalms with his free hand.

"I just bought with me a few bucks.. I didn't think we would end up in a motel." Justin says defensively.

Please don't tell me you're gonna ask for—

"Can you lend me a few? I'll pay you back." Justin says, looking a bit guilty for asking.

Nick tried to straighten his back and look at Justin with scrunched eyebrows. "Are you guys kidding me? First you guys break my back and now you're going to take my money?"

Justin sighs, looking guilty. "Sorry.. you don't have to help us. You did enough help." Justin smiles sadly at Nick.

Oh come on—

That face makes me feel guilty-

How is he supposed to not feel sorry for that?

"Come on, don't give me that 'You don't have to help us' shit." Nick says in disbelief.

He then sighs.

The more he stares at Justin's sad eyes, the more he wants to help them, or more specifically, Justin.

He wants to help Justin out.

Why not—

"Alright, man.. here." Nick grabs some money from his pocket and hands them to Justin.

He was saving them so he could get a new apartment but- Justin needs help so, he'll sacrifice his savings for him.

He was feeling hesitant at first, but did it anyway.

Justin's expression brightens up as he takes the money. "Thank you!"

He then did what Nick didn't expect him to do.

He hugged him.

Nick's eyes widen in surprise.

He raises his hands and says, "Not a hugger, not a hugger."